A thought about Game of Thrones on TV

LOL Tywin, of all the parts to be stuck at!! What are the chances?

Taking bets? I think Mesanna is on to something:)

Natalie will be the one to give Sansa the hairnet, and to slip the purple Tears of Lys into Joffreys cup! I think she will be dressed, though.

I was very happy with the intro of brienne. Even with the picture preview to actiually see her next to others and in action was great. She was played so well. The absolute devotion she already shows for renly was great shown.

I also love the twist and insite we get of margaery vs the book version of her. From wat we have seen so far i can only imagine the future episodes with her and cercie. Sweet glory will those be fun and scandalous to watch!

Oh boy! Didn't think of that, but YIPPEE!

I think Margarey was a schemer with Lady Olena in the books, we just didn't get insight into her because she didn't have a POV. The dinner where they grilled Sansa on Joffrey seemed to me she was participating as much as granny. Plus, it seemed to me in the books the daily moontea was a known fact, not lies spread by Cersei but info used by Cersei, wasn't it? I always thought there was more to her than her "sweet innocent maiden" act.

Brienne is AMAZING. Episode 3 was so very satisfying!

Yeah, I can't wait to see how Margaery develops. Though I'm already wondering if we'll have a Queen of Thorns in Season Three. If Margaery is set up to be such a schemer, maybe they'll decide they don't need Grandma. Hell, if they can cut out the whole of Riverrun, what's one old lady?

They are cutting out Riverrun?? NO!!

Conor, Riverrun may yet appear in Season Three, but, as I understood it, it's definitely not appearing in Season Two.

Impatience, maybe I'm too trusting a person, but I actually gave Margaery the benefit of the doubt on the Moon Tea. I don't deny she was getting it, but I believed it was for one of the women in her entourage, and not for her own use.

I don't believe Margaery is a complete innocent the way Sansa was when she came to court, but I assumed that most of the plotting surrounding the Tyrells was orchestrated by the Queen of the Thorns, and, while Margaery might be learning from her, she wasn't the instigator.

If they do drop Olena Tyrell, Margaery is the obvious choice to step into the roll. And given that they're already portraying Loras as a bit of a schemer (telling Renly what a good king he would be etc. etc.), maybe they're going to go with the angle that the whole Tyrell family are lusting after power.

Conor, Riverrun may yet appear in Season Three, but, as I understood it, it's definitely not appearing in Season Two.

Impatience, maybe I'm too trusting a person, but I actually gave Margaery the benefit of the doubt on the Moon Tea. I don't deny she was getting it, but I believed it was for one of the women in her entourage, and not for her own use.

I don't believe Margaery is a complete innocent the way Sansa was when she came to court, but I assumed that most of the plotting surrounding the Tyrells was orchestrated by the Queen of the Thorns, and, while Margaery might be learning from her, she wasn't the instigator.

If they do drop Olena Tyrell, Margaery is the obvious choice to step into the roll. And given that they're already portraying Loras as a bit of a schemer (telling Renly what a good king he would be etc. etc.), maybe they're going to go with the angle that the whole Tyrell family are lusting after power.

I agree I dont think I have heard of Olena being cast so I think you will be right about almost combining the charachters. I didnt think Margery did much plotting at all for a while.

Speaking of things being cut out, what happened with the drowning that happens with the Ironborn? Wsant Theon drowned in the book? Their God is called the Drowned God?:confused:

Speaking of things being cut out, what happened with the drowning that happens with the Ironborn? Wsant Theon drowned in the book? Their God is called the Drowned God?:confused:

And was that supposed to be the Damphair? I think it was just some random priest.

And was that supposed to be the Damphair? I think it was just some random priest.

I figured it was Theons uncle Damphair, just they didnt say so. I am sure they have or will cut out another uncle as to not confuse the people who have not read the books.

When Theon first returns to Pyke in the books, he meets Damphair near Lordsport. A few paragraphs in, this occurs:
.....Theon seldom prayed at all, but that was not something you confessed to a priest, even your father's own brother. "Ned Stark prayed to a tree. No, I care nothing for Stark's gods."
....."Good. Kneel."
.....The ground was all stones and mud. "Uncle, I --"
....."Kneel. Or are you too proud now, a lordling of the green lands come among us?"
.....Theon knelt. He had a purpose here, and might need Aeron's help to achieve it. A crown was worth a little mud and horseshit on his breeches, he supposed.
....."Bow your head." Lifting the skin, his uncle pulled the cork and directed a thin stream of seawater down upon Theon's head. It drenched his hair and ran over his forehead into his eyes. Sheets washed down his cheeks, and a finger crept under his cloak and doublet and down his back, a cold rivulet along his spine. The salt made his eyes burn, until it was all he could do not to cry out. He could taste the ocean on his lips. "Let Theon your servant be born again from the sea, as you were," Aeron Greyjoy intoned. "Bless him with salt, bless him with stone, bless him with steel. Nephew, do you still know the words?"
....."What is dead may never die," Theon said, remembering the words.
....."What is dead may never die," his uncle echoed, "but rises again, harder and stronger. Stand."
So while it seems that the ceremony has been moved to a later point in the story, and the circumstances and those present** have changed, the actual process is probably*** the same.

** *** - I haven't seen the scene, so these are conjectures on my part.

Natalie will be the one to give Sansa the hairnet, and to slip the purple Tears of Lys into Joffreys cup! I think she will be dressed, though.

If she's dressed I might miss the scene because of the aforementioned glitch with my DVR. I'll have to depend on you guys to fill me in on whether this happens.

If she's wearing a low cut dress like last week's show, you won't have to worry! She was practically popping out that thing! :D

Know we all know joff is one tapped young man how ever last night episode diaplay of his sadiatic ways was awsome!!! So well done. If they keep up with this i think his wedding day will be even more amazing then how i felt when i was reading it. Ill end up going to bed with the biggest smile ever after all that playa put!

LOL, I think we'll hear a collective cheer around the globe (24 hours late in the UK), when Good King Joffrey finally gets what's coming to him.

Bronn was awesome in tonight's show.

Did Renly have his peach during the parley with Stannis? I don't remember seeing it. Shame if not, as I always loved that line when Stannis reminisces about his brother and his peach. It's always the little details that remind you of someone, and that one just struck a chord with me.

Know we all know joff is one tapped young man how ever last night episode diaplay of his sadiatic ways was awsome!!! So well done. If they keep up with this i think his wedding day will be even more amazing then how i felt when i was reading it. Ill end up going to bed with the biggest smile ever after all that playa put!

LOL, I think we'll hear a collective cheer around the globe (24 hours late in the UK), when Good King Joffrey finally gets what's coming to him.

Bronn was awesome in tonight's show.

Did Renly have his peach during the parley with Stannis? I don't remember seeing it. Shame if not, as I always loved that line when Stannis reminisces about his brother and his peach. It's always the little details that remind you of someone, and that one just struck a chord with me.

My wife who has yet to read the books asked me "is that ******* going to die, slowly and painfully I hope" and I gotta tell ya it was almost scary when I saw the look on her face when I confirmed she would get her wish. :eek: She is hooked on the show and I loaded the books to her Nook so I think she will be reading it but she is a perpetual motion machine these days and has a hard time settling down to read for any extended period so reading the series is going to take awhile.

I really enjoyed the arrival of Dany's group at Quarth. I can hardly wait for the next show.

Thumbs down on Margaery's dress in the latest episode.

I did like that she apparently is the only person in the whole show that can tell Littlefinger to go **** himself and avoid his scheming.

Thumbs down on Margaery's dress in the latest episode.

I did like that she apparently is the only person in the whole show that can tell Littlefinger to go **** himself and avoid his scheming.

HAHA! LOVE IT! i was wonder if if you wouldnt mention her outfir this wk lol. I look foward to your wkly maraery fashion critiques

HAHA! LOVE IT! i was wonder if if you wouldnt mention her outfir this wk lol. I look foward to your wkly maraery fashion critiques

LOL!! Her dress was a bit bizarre. I hope it doesn't rain while she's wearing it, or she's in danger of turning into a small pond. (I'm Scottish. We think about rain a lot).

LOL!! Her dress was a bit bizarre. I hope it doesn't rain while she's wearing it, or she's in danger of turning into a small pond. (I'm Scottish. We think about rain a lot).
Hahaha serious drowning danger. It reminded me of the collarss they put on cats and dogs after a vet visit

Back