Horror magazines/blogs

spider from mars

I've recently been getting more into horror and I was wondering if anyone knew of any good magazines or blogs that dealt with new releases - recommending good new titles and the like? I can find loads of info on classic and established works but I'd like to mix it up with a smattering of the books coming out now.

Look up issues of Hippocampus Press' Dead Reckonings, a review journal of the field. They are up to No. 9 at this point. You may also have to go through a library/interlibrary loan avenue for this, but you may be interested in looking at the now-defunct journal, Studies in Weird Fiction, which was put out by Necronomicon Press for quite a few years. There is also The Weird Fiction Review, which is put out by Centipede Press. The second combined literary criticism on both classical and contemporary weird fiction with reviews; while the last includes both original fiction and reviews.

You can also look up the modern version of Weird Tales, which has fiction, essays, and reviews; while the Lovecraft e-zine is going to be of interest to those who are particularly into weird fiction of that stripe.

I would also suggest looking up the works of such writers as Laird Barron, Caitlin R. Kiernan, W. H. Pugmire, Ramsey Campbell, Thomas Ligotti, Guillermo del Toro (yes, that Guillermo del Toro), Al Sarrantonio, etc....