2.02: The Walking Dead - Blood Letting

ctg

weaver of the unseen
Coming to the aid of another, Rick discovers a possible safe haven. Shane must go on a dangerous mission to get badly needed medical supplies.

Very, very good episode. I won't spoil, but all I can say is that Hersel farm is very well portrayed.

I wouldn't say slow by no means. In fact I'd say that the pacing was fairly good. They didn't need to add there many zombies, as at the heart of the story are human relationships, not slowly rotting walking corpses. Those are just an element inside the story.

To me, the Hersel farm in the middle of the nowhere was the important element. More important than might want to believe. The family in there seemed to be fairly intact or even untouched by the events that have touched the outside world.

Then again, that is just a smoke screen. Believe me. I'd say that there's something very wrong in that area even without reading the comics. So I would ask, can't you feel the tension rising?

I really enjoyed this episode. I also agree with CTG about the rising tension, within and without the group. I have not read any of the comics so I am not sure where the Hersel farm fits into the storyline, but I can sense that something is not quite right.

Overall it is a great start to the series.

Yeah, another good one. Not much action until the end, but the tension was still simmering away all the time. Daryl's really starting to come into his own as a character.

I suppose I shouldnt read these threads about the episodes as I wont get to see them until the DVD comes out, but I am enjoying reading folks comments - LOL

I have been thinking about the small seasonal trailer that we saw few weeks ago, and I think that Mister Kirkman and writers are taking another sidestep from the comics as they are probably going to show more about what's happening from the government point-of-view. What I believe is that we see whole group going down the route that the comics established, but in the same time they are adding another layer to show what Max Brooks established in the World War Z.

What I mean, is that the survivors are left behind and much later on we start to see things in much different light, when the government start to hitting back in order to clear the land from the zombie infestation.

Do you agree?

Ive got to see this episode now.

How unlucky is Rick.... I mean everything he does seems to go wrong. Mind you it does make for good TV :D

I thought this episode was well acted, the anguish the actors showed over Carl's condition was quite touching.

I had a couple of favourite characters at the end of S1, that was Rick and Dale.
However, I think Daryl is growing on me, keeps coming up with nice gestures to help others.

I must be honest I dont like the situation with Shane and Lori. I know a terrible tragedy as befell the world, but for goodness sake Lori gets with her husbands best mate in a very short time after they think Rick died. The more I see of that situation, the more it makes me feel there was something going on before Rick was shot.....
It also makes me feel right sorry for the Rick character and when he finds out, I hope he gives Shane a hiding -LOL

Of course it ended on another cliff hanger too, how frustrating is that!

However, I think Daryl is growing on me, keeps coming up with nice gestures to help others.

I must be honest I dont like the situation with Shane and Lori. I know a terrible tragedy as befell the world, but for goodness sake Lori gets with her husbands best mate in a very short time after they think Rick died. The more I see of that situation, the more it makes me feel there was something going on before Rick was shot.....
It also makes me feel right sorry for the Rick character and when he finds out, I hope he gives Shane a hiding -LOL

Of course it ended on another cliff hanger too, how frustrating is that!

I agree, Daryl's my favorite! :D

The situation with Shane and Lori is a bit of a pain, but all things considered, they were two people who's world had recently gone in a completely different direction and (at least Lori did) needed comfort. As to your comment about there being something going on before, it definitely was from Shane's point of view, but I don't really think so with Lori.

Cliff hanger's are how they make sure that you keep coming back! ;)

Daryl's the redneck, right?

I like him. No bloody moping, unlike Blonde Girl (it is a shame her sister died, though, as she was quite nice).

Daryl's the redneck, right?

Correct.

I like him. No bloody moping, unlike Blonde Girl (it is a shame her sister died, though, as she was quite nice).

Don't you be dissing my Andrea. She's a tough old girl, even if she walks wobbly roads and acts like a woman sometimes. Just keep watching and you'll see how she turns up.

I think there is a stark difference between how Lori dealt with her grief and how Dale dealt with loosing his life partner
We get an idea how Dale distanced himself from people when he explained that to Andrea in Season 1.
I cant see me ever liking Lori and Shane characters because they acted disrespectful of Rick's memory - perhaps Im old fashioned but jumping into a sexual relationship so soon after a bereavement isnt the way to get comfort. To support and comfort someone is something quite different.

I think there is a stark difference between how Lori dealt with her grief and how Dale dealt with loosing his life partner. We get an idea how Dale distanced himself from people when he explained that to Andrea in Season 1.

There is and every person is different. Some will shrug off death as if it's nothing, while others just cannot get over it. The person will be in their mind forever and it's like a swan song to the end.

I cant see me ever liking Lori and Shane characters because they acted disrespectful of Rick's memory - perhaps Im old fashioned but jumping into a sexual relationship so soon after a bereavement isnt the way to get comfort. To support and comfort someone is something quite different.
To some men widows are the most wanted piece of flesh, but I don't think Rick was aiming to get in Lori's pants at the point. It just happened and in the apocalyptic scenes, comfort sex is something that makes you take your mind off from the daily horrors. Even though I agree and believe they shouldn't have done it, I cannot stop thinking that the mother-nature build us in such a way that we'll start to copulate in increasing frequency, when the major doom hovers over the humanity's existence to save us from dropping in the oblivion.

To some men widows are the most wanted piece of flesh, but I don't think Rick was aiming to get in Lori's pants at the point. It just happened and in the apocalyptic scenes, comfort sex is something that makes you take your mind off from the daily horrors. Even though I agree and believe they shouldn't have done it, I cannot stop thinking that the mother-nature build us in such a way that we'll start to copulate in increasing frequency, when the major doom hovers over the humanity's existence to save us from dropping in the oblivion.

You meant Shane right?

I have to disagree, I think he's wanted her from the beginning (you can kind of tell when they do the flashback scenes), and he used her grief over Rick to get her (Not that I agree with what they did either but...)

You meant Shane right?

I have to disagree, I think he's wanted her from the beginning (you can kind of tell when they do the flashback scenes), and he used her grief over Rick to get her (Not that I agree with what they did either but...)

I agree with you on this, its shows in that flashback.

And I am still looking forward to Rick kicking his arse LOL

Im not so sure what I think of Andrea's character. She wants to be tough, but she's not got the skills and keeps acting like a frightened girl.... Cant be a frightened girl and tough!!!!

I am wondering what that mean begger Shane gonna do next episode!

Oh, right, they do show it. I thought that scene comes later but guess I was so wrong. Shane's had obviously been banging Mrs Grimes brains out before the apocalypse came in and my restriction on talking about it, was bad memory. I should have reviewed it. So please accept my apologies. They both should get it, and I know for a fact that in the comics they both receive not so nice ending. Is it going to happen here, I don't know.

I have to disagree about Andrea as she might look as if she doesn't have skills because what she is something that others clearly doesn't posses. You'll see

Oh, right, they do show it. I thought that scene comes later but guess I was so wrong. Shane's had obviously been banging Mrs Grimes brains out before the apocalypse came in and my restriction on talking about it, was bad memory. I should have reviewed it. So please accept my apologies. They both should get it, and I know for a fact that in the comics they both receive not so nice ending. Is it going to happen here, I don't know.

I have to disagree about Andrea as she might look as if she doesn't have skills because what she is something that others clearly doesn't posses. You'll see

I kind of wonder if they're going to get rid of Lori too...they've kind of changed from the comics, but in a way they also seem to bring several things back around even if it doesn't happen exactly the way it happened in the comics...Who knows?

Andrea definitely has some mad skills, if only she would actually use them