Book search

ballynag

I read and enjoyed a book many years ago, probably late 1960's, early 1970's and would really like to read it again, but I can't remember title or author!
Story involves group of men and women coming to consciousness on alien planet, with mission to invent, from scratch, superheterodyne radio! Quite a raunchy story, if I remember correctly, although this was well accommodated as an essential part of story of survival and establishment of way of life.
Planet could have been in Andromeda, but not sure of this.
Ring any bells with anyone?

Sorry can't help with the book but, good Lord, I've not come across the term superheterodyne radio for so long, I remember when all "transistor radios" used to have that on them or just "superhet"! And that's despite the fact that pretty much all radios and tvs today use the spuperheterodyne principle (not sure about digital ones though).

I read and enjoyed a book many years ago, probably late 1960's, early 1970's and would really like to read it again, but I can't remember title or author!
Story involves group of men and women coming to consciousness on alien planet, with mission to invent, from scratch, superheterodyne radio! Quite a raunchy story, if I remember correctly, although this was well accommodated as an essential part of story of survival and establishment of way of life.
Planet could have been in Andromeda, but not sure of this.
Ring any bells with anyone?

Could this be "Radio Planet" by Ralph Milne Farley, or one of the other books in the series?