Discussion -- 300 Word Challenge #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I thought that was the way they spelled it in Morningside! :confused:

It's not how we spell it in Morningside. I had to avert my eyes (sorry Cul, not critiquing, just trying to defend the honour of Morningside).

Congratulations, TDZ old gel, your story made me cry.

Well done TDZ!! An amazing story that finally won through against three other amazing stories. Yours just had that wonderful ending that I didn't see coming, which was so sweet and sad at the same time. Perfect 300 words!

What a close tie-break that was!

Well done TDZ, just winning by the odd vote - great tale with a marvellous ending.

Commiserations to the narrowly defeated stories which were all great as well.

Congradulations to TheDustyZebra

Well done to the other finalists!

Alchemist - Mosaix - TheSpurringPlatty

Here is the link to the article about TDZ's story at the front end:

TheDustyZebra's Winning Story

Sorry, Cul, that I had to change the composition of your lovely picture, but it was necessary; otherwise the pop-up ad would have covered part of her head, which ruined the composition entirely.

I got all into this image and signed up to the board just to post an entry without noticing the deadline was long since past and the competition over :(

Still got me writing something for the first time in years so going to try to keep up the enthusiasm for the next one. Winning entry was excellent, really original take on the picture.

Fear not, we have a monthly 75 word challenge, too. There's still time to enter that (although only a couple of days, if I recall rightly...dates elude me these days).

Pfft learn my lesson and read the instructions first? I have my thinking cap on for the 75 worder right now :D

I just wanted to thank everyone again for the votes in the last 300, and let you know that I got my prize today!

It took many days of studying the myriad of possibilities and some wrangling back and forth with currency exchange rates between the UK site and the US site, and more than a little patience on the part of The Judge, but I finally chose Blake Snyder's Save the Cat! The Last Book on Screenwriting You'll Ever Need.

Thanks, guys, and thanks Brian and TJ!

Status
Not open for further replies.