WARNING- GRRM's blog might be infected with a virus

The Imp

Just a warning to everyone that i went to Not A blog and my real time virus scanner alerted me that there is a problem on his site. Please use caution going there until it gets cleared up. If you've been there and didn't get an alert from whatever you're using, run a scan now with something better.

If anyone is interested, i use the paid version of AVG, which I consider to be the best out there. The free version has fewer features but is also excelent.

Thanks for the warning, TI. My next destination after reading the threads here was to have been that site.

(I think I can wait until any problems there are cleared.)

Just checked, and avast! doesn't have any warnings, Imp. Anyone with Norton, BitDefender or Kaspersky showing anything?

I just checked again and got the same alert. the file name is uav.tidaltv.com/3PDPHandler.aspx?app=10&bk1=65,2126

It seems to be associated with Internet Explorer.

I just opened Not A Blog with Chrome and had no issues. I think this might only be an IE problem

As an IE user, I'm still going to stay away from there for a while.

As an IE user, I'm still going to stay away from there for a while.
i've gone to the site a couple of times over the past hour and got no alert messages. I think they got it fixed. I'll check back after dinner and give an update.

That's not a problem with his blog, but with LiveJournal itself, which has been attacked by hackers several times this year. Using Firefox, I've not experienced any problems with it recently.

Re: WARNING- GRRM blog might be infected with a virus

That's not a problem with his blog, but with LiveJournal itself, which has been attacked by hackers several times this year. Using Firefox, I've not experienced any problems with it recently.
I should have specified that, thanks for the addition. Again, I think the problem is a security vulnerability in Interent Explorer (what a chsock) as I didn't experience anything out of the ordinary using Chrome.

Back