When it seems like things can't get much worse ...

It seems that I missed this thread upon it's inception, so I apologise for jumping in late.

I'm sorry to hear bout everything Teresa, sometimes it seems as though life seems to take a perverse pleasure in hitting the same people time and time again.

One of the things that I really appreciate about the Chrons is the feeling of community it gives and the support and feeling of genuine friendship despite it's members being scattered across the globe.

When good things happen it is wonderful to share them, but it is also good to know that we can share things with them when they go in the opposite direction.

When it comes to the chronic pain suffered by your daughters it is something that I am familiar with. Mrs. Perp. suffers from ME, and connected to that is fibromyalgia. She has suffered from a constant headache that has lasted for the better part of fifteen years. Some days it just a crushing feeling, others almost debilitating. There seems to be a link to enhanced sensitivity in the back, and several nerve clusters there, but like your daughters, after years of different routes and attempted treatments she has been told there is probably nothing much that can be done: she just has to live with it.

I wish there was something more uplifting or helpful I could say, but despite the pain that is suffered you can still carry on. If I can give Mrs Perp. half the love that you obviously have to give your daughters I know that despite everything we will get by.

(Yeah I know the whole pregnancy thing at the moment might seem slightly contradictory to what I've just said but there is a lot more to it than that!)

I am so sorry to hear about your daughters pain and your inner pain, Teresa.

I'm afraid all I can do is send lots of 'Rosie Hugs'.

Thanks for the support everyone. Some days it looks like things are looking up, and others it looks like everything is going backwards.

At this point, Megan is probably going to take an extended leave of absence from work. This will strain their already meager resources, but they can just manage it, and it will be heartening for her to see several months ahead where the pain will at least be reduced. Her doctors have also taken her off of all the medications that weren't helping and just had side effects that made her feel worse.

Darn, I am so sorry to hear about all this pain. I have carpal and arthritis, so I know what daily pain is like.

I will keep my fingers crossed that things get better.

The one ray of hope, Teresa is that medical research and advancement is coming on in such leaps and bounds that for the children of our generation there is a very real possibility that there will be few complaints that will 'last for the rest of their lives'.

That said, in the meantime, my thoughts are with you and your family.