Favorite authors' forthcoming books

elvet

Easily amused
Supporter
I'd like to use this thread for any information on what may be upcoming for favorite authors, especially when routine searches aren't enough. In other words I'm looking for insider information that some of our members may have.
Anyone know what's next for:
K.J. Parker
Neal Stephenson
Iain M. Banks
Guy Gavriel Kay

OH OK. I didn't know that about Stephenson either. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. See Elvet, your thread is already paying dividends...:)

Great idea for a thread by the way.

Michael Cisco has another new book coming out this year: The Wretch of the Sun. Might Cisco have two masterpieces published in the same year?

J.M. McDermott will probably have Maze out this year.

Brandon Sanderson has the new Mistborn coming out this November
Then the next I cannot wait for is the new Robin Hobb, due out next february i think

Brandon Sanderson has the new Mistborn coming out this November
Then the next I cannot wait for is the new Robin Hobb, due out next february i think

Wasn't Mistborn a trilogy that already ended?

The Dusk Watchman book 5 by Tom Lloyd.

It's to be published July 2012, so a long wait :(

OH OK. I didn't know that about Stephenson either. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. See Elvet, your thread is already paying dividends...:)

Great idea for a thread by the way.

I did mention it in the Stephenson thread, neglected to provide the title. I apologise.

There was this, but I seem to have killed it. ;)

We also had the books being released in 2011 thread, in which Werthead also mentioned Reamde.

BTW, the release date for Pearlant by M. John Harrison has been moved from yesterday to April 2012. Which will seem ironic if you read the OP of the linked thread.

I'm looking forward to Alastair Reynolds next release. Apparently, it's a trilogy charting mankinds next 10, 000 years in space.

I've already read The Hammer by K.J. Parker. I was hoping she had something else coming soon.

this should be interesting
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1451627289/?tag=brite-21
51FcSUErcZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Any news on when the next Stormlight Archive book by Brandon Sanderson may be out? (sequel to Way of Kings)

There was this, but I seem to have killed it. ;)

Not necessarily.

Vernor Vinge - The Children of the Sky (A Fire Upon the Deep sequel)

Looking forward to this one. Just struggled through Rainbows End and need to get back to safe space opera territory.:D

Actually Rainbows End was quite intriguing, just not a real easy read.