A bit of feedback on an idea I have been toying with

MstrTal

Valeyard
So one of my current WIP's is a contemporary urban fantasy that involves what I call "Cryptids" which are basically your werewolves, vampires and fae. In this setting in the recent, as in post WW2, history the Cryptids where forced into public awareness. Your basic current contemporary urban fantasy setting.

Anyways I have been toying with the idea that one of the races of Cryptids, the vampires, has created a race of hybrid mortal offspring to insulate themselves from the fallout. The actual vampires will be modeled after historic mythical models from around the world while the Homo Sanguine will be passed off as the result of natural selection and divergent evolution thus keeping the real vampires hidden from public eye.

I want this to be as plausible as for a fantasy setting and the more I think about it the more I think it is something that would read well. I am curious what others think. Obviously I have a few other ideas and addendum that flesh out the idea but I am mostly interested in feedback as to the main idea itself.
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

MstrTal:

It's a fine idea, although I would suggest it's a little "Blade" like in that he Vamps in that have their familiars who are human wannabees.

I would think about not having the vamps as the hybrid creators.

Maybe the Wolves would be a different twist on the theme. They could be minders for them during that 'time of the month'.

An interesting thought except these aren't intended to be humans who are changed but a whole race bred from the embryo up. I am thinking of a group who may even be splintered and have a fragment secretly fighting in opposition.

As to the wolves I have chosen to twist classic werewolf stories around even older mythology. In my setting I have flip flopped the modern "Traditional" roles of vampires and weres. }=)

Thank you for the input though. I honestly hadn't considered the vampire wannabe angle which has been done to death. I may have to reconsider or at the very least keep it in mind for how I present them.