Goblin Moon -- We have cover art!

Praise the Lord! And a "good" filing system!:)

Excellent news regarding the reversion letter, Teresa.

(In my experience, the hardest things to find are those that have been "put in a safe place". If nothing else, this means that they're not in the place you would normally expect them to be, because you didn't think that was "safe" enough.)

Oh, and that is a good cover. (I can read the title off your avatar with no problem at all.)

Thanks, Ursa. We put a lot of work into the cover.

Actually, it was in the box I had earlier expected it to be, a photo box covered in paper with a Victorian flower motif. The problem is, I have many such boxes. All the rest were in my bedroom/office. One held rolled-up pairs of socks, one held hats knitted by my late mother, one held office supplies, etc. I had, of course, examined them all ... many times. "Yup, still socks. Yup, still hats." They never changed overnight, no matter how many times I checked.

I didn't know there was another box half-hidden by books on a lower shelf in the hall, put there when Eric died and Gwyneth moved home, so that we had to shift everything around (again).

When I found it, I lifted the lid, literally with trembling hands. Inside were letters from my agents, contracts, etc., dated 1994-1995. I kept telling myself, "Don't get excited, don't get excited. It might not be here. Don't get excited."

Except it was there.

I don't know why I suddenly noticed the box peeking out from the books, when I must have passed it thousands of times without seeing it. It was two feet from my bedroom door, all the time that I was conducting frantic searches through drawers and boxes filled with musty old manuscripts, notebooks, birthday cards, book covers, pictures drawn by my children when they were small, and so forth.

It was actually fortunate (no matter how traumatic) that I didn't find it earlier, because if I hadn't contacted my ex-publishers I would never have known that they didn't have a record of the reversion letter and still thought they owned the rights. That could have led to unpleasantness later, so it's good to clear it up now.

So maybe somebody's prayers worked.

Last edited:
I didn't want to post over there in case you were going to post more (and then I'd have been like some half-time sports commentator or something) so I thought I'd post here-

Really enjoyed it. Absolutely Love the period feel.

Thanks, Jim! (Your opinion means a lot to me, so praise from you is especially gratifying.)

I didn't want to post over there in case you were going to post more (and then I'd have been like some half-time sports commentator or something) so I thought I'd post here

I don't know why I didn't lock the thread in the first place. I've done so now.

And for anyone who has somehow managed to miss my many and blatant references to the fact:

The book is now available in trade paperback, and you can buy it HERE

Read the sample chapter, and if it sounds like something someone you know would like, it would make a lovely Christmas present. Really.

It is — though I say it myself — a book like no other, and immensely clever.

Just ordered it, or to be more precise I ordered two. Otherwise shipping would have been unproportinal expensive. To my amazement the site also works in German and accepts Euros.
Good luck with finding new readers!