My Millennium Falcon art

Rodders

|-O-| (-O-) |-O-|
Supporter
I have a Millennium Falcon collection focus and over the last few weeks i have taken more of an interest in peoples interpretations of the Falcon and i am having a closer look at the Millennium Falcon represented in art.

I recently found these interesting Cubist style Falcons on the internet by an artist called Tommervik. Oil on Canvas, i think that they're great pictures and an intersting style so i will definately be looking forward to adding one of these to my collection.

Apologies, the photos exceed the 100KB limit. Here's the link to my blog.

My brother and I are also tremendous fans of the unique design of the Millennium Falcon, it is truely a one-of-a-kind vessel. :)

mfalcon.jpg

I recently found these interesting Cubist style Falcons on the internet by an artist called Tommervik. Oil on Canvas, i think that they're great pictures and an intersting style so i will definately be looking forward to adding one of these to my collection.

I would never of imagined Cubism Art of the Millennium Falcon, I'm amazed.

I'd never have the skill or the patience to make that paper Falcon.

I'm not too sure if i've mentioned it here already, but there's a company called r-9 who make functional art. Sometime ago they sculpted a Millennium Falcon coffee table and i was fortunate enough to be in a position to buy it. I took delivery of this table today and i have to say that i love it. She's big and she's beautiful. As it stands at the moment, this is the only one in the world. :)

There are more photos on my blog here.

Attachments

• R91.jpg
    R91.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,536
  • R92.jpg
    R92.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 644
  • R93.jpg
    R93.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 661
  • R94.jpg
    R94.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 554
  • R95.jpg
    R95.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 562
Thanks to icruise on the rebelscum forums who pointed me to a Mark on Mortarheads.com who makes 2d sculptures of characters from Mortar. I contacted him to see if he'd do me one of the Millennium Falcon and here it is.

It's very heavy but nicely done i think.

Attachments

• Mortarhead back.jpg
    Mortarhead back.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 801
  • Mortarhead front.jpg
    Mortarhead front.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 819
I picked up this rather nice print this week.

Attachments

• anh-by-christian-peterson.jpg
    anh-by-christian-peterson.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 814
:)

These aren't cheap, but i was able to pick one up from Forbidden Planet.

I picked up these two prints yesterday. The Empire Strikes Back by Jon E. Allen and Return of the Jedi by Michael Stuckey. I have posters now for all three movies featuring the Millennium Falcon. They're all of a similar size and i'm thinking of framing them together.

jon-e_-allen-star-wars-v.jpg

millennium-falcon-by-michael-stuckey.jpg

Another addition is this US 1977 promotion between Coca Cola and Burger Chef. I don't know who the artist is, but i suspect that it's the same artsist who did the Han Solo and Lando Calrissian books in the eighties. I like it.

han-and-chewie-poster-by-burger-chef-and-coke.jpg

I have a print of that at home. It's by a Japanese artist by the name of Norioshi Ohrai. Here's another one by him. (This one's a twofer as it has the concept Falcon in there too.)

mf-spacecraft-poster.jpg

I have a print of that at home. It's by a Japanese artist by the name of Norioshi Ohrai. Here's another one by him. (This one's a twofer as it has the concept Falcon in there too.)

Wow! Nonoshi Ohrai is a great artist. I like this second picture because it's the type of art that you can see a sharper image by putting more distance between the painting and you. Rodders, do have any more pictures by Nonoshi?

Here's a classic box art of the Millennium Falcon.

StarWars2.jpg

Avatars_Star-Wars_Pursued_Falcon.gif

I finally received my Canvas print of Jerry Vanderselt's "She's got It Where It Counts, Kid" from Acme Archives. Pricey, but beautiful.

shes-got-it-where-it-counts-by-jerry-vanderstelt.jpg

I picked up a second Tommervik Cubist painting of the Falcon.

millennium_falcon_cubism_by_tommervik-d3kvgwh.jpg