First Law trilogy - SPOILERS!

Boaz

Merry Christmas!
I loved The Heroes. It's the battle of Gettysburg fought by the Great Heathen Army and Gondor with Falstaff, Beowulf, Big Ajax, Little Ajax, Liu Bei, Zhuge Liang, Mordred, Lancelot, Dejah Thoris and Deadpool all running around with a dose of the Red Badge of Courage thrown in for good measure.

Yes, Dow and the Dogman.... powerful story.

thaddeus6th

I liked it quite a lot. Ending felt a bit long, from memory, but it's a good book. Oddly, everyone else seems to love Best Served Cold, whereas for me, though I still enjoyed it, it's my least favourite of the six Abercrombie books I've read.

I'd quite like to re-read them, but my to-read pile is already of comical proportions.

The Big Peat

Darth Buddha
I think the thing about The First Law is that I found all of the parts featuring Glokta to be awesome and most of the bits that don't not. They're alright, they have some very good bits, but they're basically travelogues through mostly not particularly interesting worlds with mostly not particularly interesting people. That's a hard sell.

@thaddeus6th - do you think you could put you finger on why you enjoyed Best Served Cold less?

biodroid

Expensive Gadget User
@Boaz Nope haven't read it yet, I am in a fantasy slump at the moment, I also have to read the 3rd book in The Shattered Sea trilogy o_O, reading a Vince Flynn book called Transfer of Power and it's good so far.