Hammer Books

Black Abyss

So is everyone excited by this press release :-

"Hammer’s new publishing imprint releases three classic Graham Masterton novels in July. Following on from the launch of Hammer Publishing in March with a reissue of The Witches (by Peter Curtis) and The Resident novelisation (by Francis Cottam), Hammer have obtained the rights to Masterton’s Mirror, Family Portrait and The Pariah. Repackaged with distinctive new covers sporting Hammer branding, Masterton’s novels are the latest in Hammer’s ongoing publishing programme; bringing horror back to the forefront of the market.
The Hammer imprint schedule will continue with three more novels in October. Karen Watkins pens the novelisation of Wake Wood, accompanied by new novelisations of classic Hammer films: Kronos by Guy Adams (based on Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunter) and Twins of Evil, which has been adapted by acclaimed author Shaun Hutson in the first of a three-book deal.
Several titles have also been announced for 2012, with more to follow.
Jeanette Winterson’s (Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit) original novel based on the true story of the Pendle Witches trial of 1612 will be published in February, while in March there will be a new novelisation of Hammer’s cult classic Vampire Circus by Mark Morris.
Helen Dunmore’s original ghost story The Greatcoat, about “the power of the past to imprint itself on the present, until the present is possessed by the past”, is published in April"

Personally I love Hammer and think there is definitely a market for these books. It will be interesting to see if this horror line survives or if it's destined to suffer the fate of others (e.g. Virgin Books). What do you think?

I am excited, I going to buy the shaun Hutson book for certain. My mother has always been a Hammer movie fan ! I personally hope the book Hutson is releasing is good as his last three novels have not been his greatest. I going to read the book and if enjoy it watch the movie as well. I am crossing my fingers.....