Thorgal

pit

I must say i was surprised not being able to find a thread about this comic.
I thought it will be one of the best known and there's nothing here. Was it removed for a reason, or just noone have posted about it yet?

This comic is my childhood. Remember when i read first book, i liked it so much, i ran stright away to the public librery to get next episodes. Unfortuanely there were only few of them an i was very dissapointed. But few days later i've found out one of my friends had all episodes that had been published by then and he lent me all of them. I was so excited and happy i closed myself in my room and spent hours reading it.

Eventualy i got my own copies and now i read it from time to time, newer get bored with it. Unfortunately new episodes, from Yves Sente are not so good as those written by Van Hame. The big advantage of the series is graphic design by Rosinski, love the way he draws

Never heard of it before, but just checked out the wiki. It looks intriguing.

This is a great series, though I only found out about it this year while digging for comics. Truly wonderful art, inventive and VARIED stories. Easily the best fantasy comic I've had the good fortune to read.

Cinebook is publishing all of the volumes (in english) in order, so they're really affordable and easy to get now.

I hope no one will be offended if I bring forward this thread. I too have been poking around in this forum and am surprised that there are no other Thorgal fans. Looks like the original poster is long gone too.

I have always enjoyed the series ... excellent stories and characters, very good artwork. You can see the increasing skill level of the artist, Grzegorz Rosiński, over the first few books (compare La Magicienne Trahie (1980) with Les Archers (1986)). I recently reread Les Archers ... and as an example, of the artwork, look at the expressions on Kriss and Thorgal during the archery competition. Thorgal was right to sweat a little...

I have recently read several of the spinoffs ... not quite as much of a fan of those as I find that there is much more mythology involved than in the original series. But, yeah, I'll go back and reread any of the original 29 volumes.

Back