1.03 Falling Skies - Prisoner of War

ctg

weaver of the unseen
Dr. Michael Harris joins the 2nd Mass with a theory about what might save the teenagers abducted by the aliens. But the plan could be derailed when Tom starts digging for answers to questions that have haunted him since the early days of the invasion. The 2nd Mass comes face-to-face with skitters and mechs when they attempt to rescue Ben. Directed: Greg Beeman Written: Robert Rodat (creator), Fred Golan

The third episode beginning certainly wasn't the greatest, but as the episode progresses the characters bloom like spring flowers. They get twisted and start to grind on each other, providing the watchers much needed drama. But then again, like its creator says, it's not as dark as the BattleStar Galactiga, and you can see that the guy hasn't got Ron Moore's experience. However, Stephen Spielberg would not had chosen him willy-nilly to helm a project of this magnitude. So, I think I'm going to wait few more episodes before I give it my own judgement.

What gritted me was the inactivity of the other fighters, and lack of visibility from the other teams. What is exactly that they are doing and if they're going out there, then why aren't we seeing any of their results, as we did in the StarGate Universe 2nd Season.

Another thing that bugs me comes with the Prisoner of War and all I'm going to say at the now is why the characters doesn't have their instincts going crazy? Where is their sense of self-preservation?

You cant compare to Stargate Universe S2 because those humans had alot of military people with alot of guns, alien tech. This ep showed the people that fight the aliens are not real military people. Several time they have broken discipline and not listened to their squad leader like Mike running to get his son.

Also you cant focus on too many characters, they have many now they added Harris, the criminal chef, Margaret.

I like the sleezy doctor, he is Baltar like character who is easy to dislike.

I thought it was good ep because the leaders have decided to go after the aliens now that they know there are other figthers in other parts of US. The aliens know human history with the way they executed those kids. We are seeing more of what the aliens are.

Story, character progress wise it was good ep.