HBO Season 2 News, Rumors, etc.

I expect he has ways of making himself talk in the required accent.

;):)

Can't wait for the second season, often adaptations fall short of the books greatness, but not in the case of a game of thrones. The choices of actors for the different roles are spot on and the hbo series stays true to the book.

The choices of actors for the different roles are spot on and the hbo series stays true to the book.

*cough* except for Renly *cough*

Mesanna! Tom Wlaschiha attractive?! I thought you had good taste. :p;)

*cough* except for Renly *cough*

Mesanna! Tom Wlaschiha attractive?! I thought you had good taste. :p;)

LMAO!! :D:D

Guess we'll need to disagree on this one then! They'll probably find a way to uglify him and I'll be left wondering what on earth I was thinking. :)

Looks like he and the guy that played Tywin were made in the same factory.

Not a bad thing.

I was glad to see that Roy was feeling well enough to take this role, even though it's going to be small.

After seeing Charlize Theron in Monster, I can't be skeptical about Brienne.

I'm not really familiar with most of these actors, although I did see the guy playing Zaro in Conan (yesterday). I thought he was good

Season two will be upon us before we know it. Winter is coming.

I think people from North America for the most part will be unfamiliar with most of the new actors. Which is fine with me, makes it all the more realistic and the casting for this show is phenomenal so I have no worries regarding acting quality.

Yara Greyjoy? Alton Lannister? The...

The fact that the American...or well the majority of audience who don't live in the UK don't know most of the actors, is only a good thing IMO.
Which reminds me while I was in London I went to see Cherry Orchard at the National Theatre. I thought one of the actors was REAAALLY familiar.
So the next day I was at my summerschool program and we got to see a "live interview" with Conleth Hill. Took me a while to recognize him as he had hair and an Irish accent.
If I wouldn't have met him in real life I'd probably think he's just an actor but seeing him in a different environment from TV made me really respect his work. He has done a great job with Varys and I'm glad to see it isn't him just being him (like Sean Bean being...well Sean Bean in most productions).

Where I'm trying to get with this is that British actors are all on an extremely high level. If I'd be a film producer/director I'd probably always cast just brits :D

To really appreciate what Carice van Houten who is going to play Melisandre is capable of, try and get a Dutch film called the 'Black Book'. If you get can hold of it prepared to be blown away.

To really appreciate what Carice van Houten who is going to play Melisandre is capable of, try and get a Dutch film called the 'Black Book'. If you get can hold of it prepared to be blown away.

She's a great actress. The way she carries herself is perfect for Mel.