1.02 - Falling Skies - The Armory

ctg

weaver of the unseen
While scouting for supplies, Tom, Hal and their squad encounter a gang of marauders determined to get their hands on the 2nd Massachusetts' weapons. Leading the gang is an ex-con named John Pope, who decides to use his hostages as bargaining material. Directed: Greg Beeman Written: Robert Rodat (creator), Graham Yost

The second episode is much more interesting than the first one. The characters are a bit one dimensional at the moment, but there are sparks where they are showing third dimensional elements.

One thing I have to say after this is that it's good that American has so many guns, because certainly they would look poorly without them. And it makes me think what it would be one day, if they would be stripped from all the hardware.

I liked this second ep more, you got learn more about their situation,the aliens. The struggle against the outlaws. I like Noah Whyle character, the doctor, the new female soldier.

If its like the second ep the series shows promise. Hope to see better action against the aliens, know more about what they are.

You wishes has been granted in the third episode. Still I cannot help but feel as if this an Americanised version of Samuel Youd's Tripods.

We gave up after the first episode. It feels cheap, the characters are dull, the dialogue was kind of cheesy and it just feels wrong. It's 8 months after an enormous alien invasion. People are scattered to the winds and starving, but these people are still relatively clean, well dressed and far from emaciated. This is in light of the fact that they are being hunted like dogs, and are in desperate need of food?

Another point. They are being hunted down, but they can move 300+ people across a city, in the middle of the day, without being attacked? I mean seriously! Though I will keep an eye on these forums and see if it gets better or keeps on following the Jericho route of unbelievability.

We gave up after the first episode. It feels cheap, the characters are dull, the dialogue was kind of cheesy and it just feels wrong. It's 8 months after an enormous alien invasion. People are scattered to the winds and starving, but these people are still relatively clean, well dressed and far from emaciated. This is in light of the fact that they are being hunted like dogs, and are in desperate need of food?

Another point. They are being hunted down, but they can move 300+ people across a city, in the middle of the day, without being attacked? I mean seriously! Though I will keep an eye on these forums and see if it gets better or keeps on following the Jericho route of unbelievability.

Who say they are hunted ? Aliens are happy with having taking the cities and chasing away the humans. They have killed 90% of humans in the world after all. You would know that in ep 2, 3 if you had waited ;)

Its easy to get food like in ep two they got alot of food from a big chain storre. As long they can sneak into towns with big food stores.

You are undderating the fact humans have alot of food in stores that wont run out for decades. They lost several people to the aliens just getting the food in ep 2.

Also they can live beside lakes, in schools they dont have to be dirty like when humans was stoneage people.....

At least they filled in those gaps. I doubt I'll watch any more though. I have True Blood to watch now, though that has taken a nose dive. Plus still have to finish The Killing and Boardwalk Empire

Who say they are hunted ? Aliens are happy with having taking the cities and chasing away the humans.

And there seems to be a plot feature on the horizon regarding what the reason may be for creating the big mechanical towers in major cities. And there's something of a teaser about why the skitters have many legs, but their mechs have only two. Is there a version we haven't seen yet? And...... the business with the kids and the spinal implants may be more than meets the eye (Shoot. Star Trek has done this one.).

And there seems to be a plot feature on the horizon regarding what the reason may be for creating the big mechanical towers in major cities. And there's something of a teaser about why the skitters have many legs, but their mechs have only two. Is there a version we haven't seen yet? And...... the business with the kids and the spinal implants may be more than meets the eye (Shoot. Star Trek has done this one.).

I think that's spoiling the episode three in the episode two thread, because these things were asked by the characters in the Prisoner of War episode.

What I believe they are doing with the scrap metal, is that the skitters use them to build more harnesses, or mechs, as they say. And if it's mechs then they don't need drivers in them, just AI's or implanted organ brains. If it's the brains, then they could easily use the harnessed humans in same way, as we see the skitter creating the link at end of episode three. And that is through the telepathic link.