Falling Skies - Season Four

Kind of weird to see that Hershey's Kisses survived the apocalypse. I find Lourdes really annoying at this point. I keep hoping they kill her off but I have a feeling she'll be around until the series finale.

I agree with everything written above.

Also, if Hershey's Kisses, maybe there is hope for Twinkies. I love Twinkies.

The script writers have no hint of a medical background. Dosing Moon Bloodgood with an injectable substance via an intra-muscular shot (IM) will not have an instantaneous result. Why did they decide not to even pretend to do an Intravenous (IV) injection? So silly.

The lottery makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Also couldn't Ben jeopardize the mission because of this spikes allowing the Espheni to controlled him?

The lottery makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Also couldn't Ben jeopardize the mission because of this spikes allowing the Espheni to controlled him?

Mission-shmission. I think they just needed to fill an hour of time before the season finale. Now that Wunder-kind Lexie has apparently developed an average IQ, perhaps she can save humanity.;) But she'll need to ditch the red gown in order to fly on the Millenium Falcon (Best line of the night, courtesy of Pope).

Well, the obligatory two hour season finale is now over. The first hour was a tad contrived and served to put the moon mission on hold until the second hour. Then things got a little more interesting. Spoilers:

You knew the one dark haired woman would get nailed by the alien slug monster because we had never seen her before (like the red shirted crew member on Star Trek). Lexie didn't have to ditch the red dress ater all. But it became obvious that the story line would not countenance a continuing role for her. It would have just been a distraction in the next season, especially after the success of the moon mission. I found an interesting similarity in how this ended and how Defiance just ended: Major crisis averted. Main character left in limbo.

SPOILERS

The pods the Espheni dropped had a bit of an Invasion of the Body Snatchers vibe. Anne was actually pretty bad-ass with the flame thrower. Nice to see Mira Sorvino return. I was glad to see Lexi sacrifice herself as I really haven't liked the character at all. Although I assumed that she would be instrumental in helping fight the big bad that's worse than the Espheni in the final season. I'm also assuming that whatever Tom met at the end of the episode is that big bad.

When David Eick took over this series I thought it's not going to be a successful run. And most of the time Falling Skies just didn't work as well as I hoped. There just was too many variables, and them bringing even more aliens in the play in this season I thought it was going to fail. But somehow they managed to wrap this up with a big explosion, war of the world like scenes and new aliens. So, the question is, how they are going to overdo this season? Are they going to do a Disney ending or give audience real picture of how devastating this invasion has been?

And yes maybe the new alien is the big bad although I like fish heads a bit more as what we saw looked like the goddess from Whedon's Angel.

Last edited:
I was glad to see Lexi sacrifice herself as I really haven't liked the character at all.
I wouldn't place a bet on "Wunder-kind" Lexi having died. She is very powerful and I'm certain the writers can find a way for her to survive the explosion.

What I didn't like was the lack of explanation of why an educated young medical student suddenly went all messianic over Lexi when it was clear that the Espheni were evil personified to everyone else.
There just was too many variables, and them bringing even more aliens in the play in this season I thought it was going to fail. But somehow they managed to wrap this up with a big explosion, war of the world like scenes and new aliens.
Far too many different types of alien and yet we still don't know the motives for conquering Earth if they are involved in a much bigger war. If they really see our DNA as good fighting material then surely they might expect the plan to backfire on them. However, the main problem with this season was the American mother's-home-made-apple-pie family values theme that was really overplayed in every single episode and the inconceivability that a single family could survive and remain intact as a unit when millions had died.

I wouldn't be happy with "Disney" ending. Earth is devastated, and it would be lucky not to fall back into the dark ages. Unless they have Volm help the population will be too low to repair and rebuild the world, and that help doesn't look likely as the war has apparently moved on. So, it will be more 'Mad Max' than 'Frozen.'

Heh yeah it basically turns into "farming in the post-apocalypse" mixed with whatever skitters are still running around. So, the Walking Dead basically :D

But overall the season wasn't bad, definitely inconsistent like why they pretty much gave up on harnessing when only a couple of kids escaped it's control.

Were Scorch and Monk the only 2 overlords on the whole planet until the short-lived reinforcements were called in? They did such a great job of controlling the planet although I guess for Scorch it was basically a bug hunt to round up the few remaining humans. And suddenly we're changing human adults into alien creatures, creating hybrid super-beings and being totally unprepared for their inevitable betrayal (oh except for a choking necklace, very hi-tec).

Next season then, I'm presuming Tom has met the new threat, who'll charm us humans into submission for a few episodes before the veil is lifted?

I wouldn't place a bet on "Wunder-kind" Lexi having died. She is very powerful and I'm certain the writers can find a way for her to survive the explosion..

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if we find out she survived in a cocoon or something. :rolleyes:

Next season then, I'm presuming Tom has met the new threat, who'll charm us humans into submission for a few episodes before the veil is lifted?

My guess is they're telepathic. They seemed to have a good deal of knowledge of Tom's life. Images and sounds that would calm him. We see a blurry multi limb alien but Tom says "you're beautiful" which makes me think they can make him see just about anything they want. Looking forward to the final season.