1. A community of fans, aspiring writers, and published novelists, we are the world's largest - and friendliest! - science fiction and fantasy forums.

Registration is free, and we regularly give away free books and DVDs.

So why not join now and meet people with similar interests and tastes in books, movies, and TV?

Dismiss Notice

Page reloading after posting.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by AE35Unit, Jun 13, 2011.

AE35Unit

AE35Unit ]==[]===O °

Somethinh I've just noticed the site doing when posting from my phone,after making a post the page loads then reloads,and reloads continuosly until I press Stop. Then I refresh and see my post. Never come across this before! (Posting on a motorola smartphone on Android 2.1)

Brian Turner

Brian Turner Brian G. Turner Staff Member

Sounds like a potential browser bug on your mobile - I'm tempted to install Tapatalk on the site if there's a demand, which should make everything more mobile friendly.

AE35Unit

AE35Unit ]==[]===O °

Hmmm not sure about TapaTalk, it pops up on certain sites but its not free!

mosaix

mosaix Shropshire, U.K.

Brian, certainly a 'text only' option would be useful for speed and convenience would be useful on smartphones. Don't know how easy that would be though. :(

The BBC website text only option is joy to use when remote browsing.

demos99

demos99 Multiversal nomad

I use Tapatalk to access a number of other vBulletin-based forums I frequent on my smartphone so would be keen to see it implemented here if at all possible. Yes, there is a small outlay for the end user (it's free for site admins to implement) but that more than pays for itself in terms of convenience of forum use in my experience. :)