Searching for a Sci-Fi I read once upon a time.

Chaoticheart

In chaos I find truth
So I can't remember either the title or author, but I read it about 5-10 years ago.

In the book Earth had sent out ships to every planet which they had detected that was potentially habitable. Instead of sending people though, each ship was crewed with the clones of a set of scientists (the chain of command on each ship was not consistent though, so one one ship someone could be captain, on another...toilet cleaner.)

Anyway, as I recall the story centered about one of the clones, who had apparently lost control after his lover's death and had been put in stasis. And I can't quite remember how, but eventually he returns to earth (he may have been seeking the template for the woman he loved). Everyone on earth is apparently dead, though the protagonist does not realist this, as he gets deceived by a computer (or mind) which controls a massive space station orbiting earth (the station had the persona of one of the clone templates).

Now I can't remember how it ended, or even any better details of the plot, but I do remember enjoying the book. So here's hoping someone recognizes the book from what little I can recall.

Sounds like the Deepwater trilogy, by Ken Catran.

Deepwater Black
Deepwater Landing
Deepwater Angels

SyFy Channel made a series out of it years ago.

Back