Sir Gregor the Mountain is alive!?

Summer

Stark
Yesterday I finished rereading AFFC.The part when Qybyrn told Cersey, that the man who will fight in hers protection is ready and is invincible, impressed me this time:rolleyes:. This may be the only The-Мountain-that-rides. May be Qybyrn made him Unmountain. What do you think?

TK-421, do you want to take this one?

Edit: What the heck, I'll begin...

Summer, Congratulations on finishing AFFC before ADWD comes out. Many readers are currently rereading the series, but you've timed it pretty well so that AFFC will fresh in your mind while reading ADWD.

Many of us are not convinced that all of GRRM's dead characters are actually dead. The list includes solid contenders like Gregor and some very iffy and even silly postulations... like Rhaegar is still alive.

Many people believe that Qyburn has created something from Gregor, but whether he's actually alive or a zombie or undead or whatever is unknown. It seems that Balon Swann is travelling to Sunpsear to deliver Gregor's head personally to Doran Martell. Maybe the head is fake... I dunno.

What we do know is that there are supernatural powers in GRRM's world. Mirri Maaz Duur attempted to reanimate Drogo with black magic. We know that Mirri knew Marwyn... and we know that Qyburn knows Marwyn. If both studied under him, then it's feasible that Qyburn attempted the same magic that Mirri did. We know that Qyburn claimed to Cersei that he has a fell warrior to put at her disposal. We've seen rangers, Beric, and Catelyn all come back from the dead... but did they live again. Was it truly them? They were animated by The Other and Rh'llor. Where do Mirri's and Qyburn's shadow magics fit in?

I don't have any answers.

Here are some links to various threads that touch upon the idea that we've not seen the last of the Mountain that Rides. Read at your own risk, I cannot promise that these links are spoiler free... in fact, I'm sure they are full of other theories, hints, and spoilers.

FrankenKnight

Pate, Gregor & Loras....alive or dead? (lol..or undead?)

Jaime defends the Queen

I thought there were more, but I cannot find them.

Last edited:
It's my closet-suspicion that FrankenGregor is in truth the first-remote controlled toy created in Westeros. Comes in black and white and with a huge-as.s sword so you'll never get bored!

You forgot to add that it is completely harmless to children, just don't let the fires on when you leave the house.