Mark Lawrence

I would just like to say that i finally had time to finish the third book and i truly enjoyed it. Was more fun, enjoyable read than the first two and more complex story, world building, mythology and strong ending. The first book had debut novel flaws, not as much to it compared to the last two books.

Since i dont often buy epic fantasy series, books like this i must say i look forward to seeing what Mark can write next and what his next book will be like compared to the last two books in Jorg series which i enjoyed very much.

I would just like to say that i finally had time to finish the third book and i truly enjoyed it. Was more fun, enjoyable read than the first two and more complex story, world building, mythology and strong ending. The first book had debut novel flaws, not as much to it compared to the last two books.

Since i dont often buy epic fantasy series, books like this i must say i look forward to seeing what Mark can write next and what his next book will be like compared to the last two books in Jorg series which i enjoyed very much.

Glad it finished on a high for you Connavar!

This is out in June
Mark Lawrence: Prince of Fools

Having just tested it... If you simply paste the URL of that page from your blog, you get the text that appeared in your post. (I'm guessing that's also what I,Brian did when creating a thread for your forthcoming novel.) This, I suppose, might be a problem, depending on who posts that link and where. :(

Never having had a blog of my own, I have no idea what you can do to change that text, but it ought to be possible, I would have thought.

Having just tested it... If you simply paste the URL of that page from your blog, you get the text that appeared in your post. (I'm guessing that's also what I,Brian did when creating a thread for your forthcoming novel.) This, I suppose, might be a problem, depending on who posts that link and where. :(

Never having had a blog of my own, I have no idea what you can do to change that text, but it ought to be possible, I would have thought.

Best Way to do it here is insert the link into text by highlighting and inserting link, rather than copying and pasting link: Example Text

Best Way to do it here is insert the link into text by highlighting and inserting link, rather than copying and pasting link: Example Text
That's true, but it doesn't help where other people post the link into other sites. (I'm sure our more expert users of blogging technology will have a universal** solution where Mark can impose the text he wants.)

** - Universal, except where those posting do what I did in post#144.

That's true, but it doesn't help where other people post the link into other sites. (I'm sure our more expert users of blogging technology will have a universal** solution where Mark can impose the text he wants.)

** - Universal, except where those posting do what I did in post#144.

You can do the same in any blog, web page etc - create, highlight and insert. :)

But a lot of people won't do that, leaving the automatic text. Mark, I guess, might want to alter that.

Anyway, I think we've hijacked this thread enough; so back to the books.

Warning: major spoilers follow

I finished the Thorns trilogy this autumn, and I thought it a really inventive idea.

I like to interpret it as seeing a story from the 'villain's' point of view, carrying out his dastardly plan to take over the world mwah HA ha haaa. He comes into conflict with the real 'hero' (Prince of Arrow) who is in turn betrayed by his own brother who proves not 'villainous' enough. Then when an even greater 'villain' shows himself, our 'villain' achieves the ultimate act of 'villainy' and sacrifices himself to save the day, thus denying justice to his numerous victims who then have to suffer the indignity of seeing him revered as hero and saviour! What a smack in the face for them!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit spoilery, Narkalui. I've finished that series so it doesn't affect me, but you've given away some major plot twists there.

I hope to get around to reading Mark Laurence's trilogy later in the year.
I think any time a book comes out and it is super- popular,lots of new books come out with a similar theme.
I am thinking of the vampire genre,then the dystopian society books.
It takes a strong writer to be original and true to his own vision.

I really liked the plot twist in King of Thorns. I didn't see it coming, but it rang true [very easy for a twist to either come across as deus ex nonsense, or be telegraphed and therefore not really a twist].

Overall, I liked Emperor a lot, although the twist was easier to see coming, for me anyway.

I really liked the plot twist in King of Thorns. I didn't see it coming, but it rang true [very easy for a twist to either come across as deus ex nonsense, or be telegraphed and therefore not really a twist].

Overall, I liked Emperor a lot, although the twist was easier to see coming, for me anyway.

As far as I was concerned I was reading a story from the villain's point of view, that was supposed to be my point earlier before I gave it a "Peter Kay-on-Sixth-Sense" treatment.