Mark Lawrence

Hoping it goes well for you, it's not a repeat of the first book but seems to be getting a good reception so far even so. Many thanks for the sale!

Heh Mark it better be real good I just bought King of Thorns as my first new book price level in years. I usually buy books when they are months old, cheaper.

I look forward reading in few days.

Mine arrived in the mail yesterday. It's now in my TBR fighting for a top spot (my TBR is a violent and competitive place).

I got distracted by Cursed so will be starting my read tomorrow - looking forward to seeing how depraved Jorge has gotten since the last foray :)

Mine arrived in the mail yesterday. It's now in my TBR fighting for a top spot (my TBR is a violent and competitive place).

I have limited my TBR pile to newest 10 books and i would like to read King of Thorns now but im waiting until the fasting,Ramadan ends in few days. Hunger does huge damage to your energy to read. Im down to one book read this month compared to my year around pace of 5-8 books in a month.

I have limited my TBR pile to newest 10 books and i would like to read King of Thorns now but im waiting until the fasting,Ramadan ends in few days. Hunger does huge damage to your energy to read. Im down to one book read this month compared to my year around pace of 5-8 books in a month.

seems like hunger gets you down toward my reading level - it's shocking how few books I manage to read these days. Still, spent the week in hospital with my youngest and managed to catch up a little between the screaming and puking. Finished off The Sultan's Wife (which references Ramadan - hence the line of thought) and found Bakker's Prince of Nothing in the parents' room, so I've started that.

Finished it yesterday, thoroughly enjoyed it, won't say too much in case i spoil it for others :)

If anyone is planning to read Mark's new book soon, the SFF Chronicles group read (on GoodReads) will kick off again with this for September.

See here if you want to join in: http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/17394-sff-chronicles

I can't help feeling that being an author pre-internet would have been a much less exciting (though more lucrative) experience. I really enjoy seeing what people make of my work (good & bad) and the idea of sending it off and then maybe (if you were lucky) seeing a newspaper review or two a year later ... seems very unrewarding.

seems like hunger gets you down toward my reading level - it's shocking how few books I manage to read these days. Still, spent the week in hospital with my youngest and managed to catch up a little between the screaming and puking. Finished off The Sultan's Wife (which references Ramadan - hence the line of thought) and found Bakker's Prince of Nothing in the parents' room, so I've started that.

Hope your youngest is better now. The Sultan's Wife? I have never heard about it, im actually studiying arabic to read arabic,middle eastern,North African lit.

I usually read 95-100 books per year no matter Uni study,part-time work. Its like work out for me i feel bad mentally with avid reading great books. I read in broad scope from modern Fantasy to Chinua Achebe,Euripides. I need to feed all my genre,non-genre habits then. My month long trip to Somalia ruined my schedule. Im actually feeling bad i wont get near 100 books this year. I dont have fulltime work that is as busy as you being a working author. I dont care to read certain number of books per year but i hate the fact im missing time i might have read a very special or enjoyable book.

I just bought a hardcover version of The Illiad, that will be a pleasure and long wonderful month to read it :)

Finally got round to starting King of Thorns, I forgot what a delightful character Jorg is.
This is one of the few comments that could be said with deep sarcasm but still be a compliment.

I have ordered the Prince of Thorns from Amazon. It was cheaper in paper form than the Kindle version??? I will never understand that and since I would much rather have the paper copy I happily ordered it.

I had been meaning to give it a try but since seeing all the great comments on here and the fact that Mark is considerate enough to be part of our community on SFFC I had to get it ASAP.

I then will finally get Teresa's Goblin Moon for the Kindle!!!!

I have ordered the Prince of Thorns from Amazon. It was cheaper in paper form than the Kindle version??? I will never understand that and since I would much rather have the paper copy I happily ordered it.
I think it's something to do with the fact that you don't pay VAT on paper books but do for e-books.

I think it's something to do with the fact that you don't pay VAT on paper books but do for e-books.

I am not sure. I still think there is a strange fee since I have to purchase my Kindle books through the US Amazon not the Canadian one. I think the world might be better off with Ebooks instead of printed copies but there is still something about holding that book and smelling the paper to me.

Also once the Robopocolypse hits we will lose all our treasured books if they eventually phase out the printed word. I think Roboradamus isn't predicting that event until around 2139 though. (I have my new novel idea right there...lol...ok I might be kidding)

Finally got round to starting King of Thorns, I forgot what a delightful character Jorg is.

I cant wait to read Jorg again, i made the mistake of borrowing the book to my brother because he is usually fast reader.

Im threating him to finish the book now and give it to me or.....:p

How long until I actually get around to reading it?

Someone give me some reading time!