Mark Lawrence

Woo, I owe Mark an apology. Started this on the way to work this morning. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone overly sensitive but I for one was hooked from the beginning. Jorg is one evil little b...

His style of writing reminds me of someone but I can't put my finger on who.

Woo, I owe Mark an apology. Started this on the way to work this morning. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone overly sensitive but I for one was hooked from the beginning. Jorg is one evil little b...

His style of writing reminds me of someone but I can't put my finger on who.

Excellent :) No apology necessary, but if you continue to like the book to the last page then if you could just get some kind of facial tattoo advertising its quality, that would be great. Thanks!

Cheers,
Mark

Shocking at times but for me its the best début novel I've read since Abercrombie's The Blade Itself.As good an idea as it sounds I'll forgo the tattoo.

Sounds like I should read me some Abercrombie then! I think he only lives about ten miles from me. First though I have to finish my Neal Asher book, read 'Songs of the Earth', re-read 'A Feast for Crows' and by then I'll have my copy of 'A Dance With Dragons' in hand... and given the amount of spare time I have that should take me to Xmas :)

You should definitely read Abercrombie. His books are terrific.

Maybe you should pop over to his house, too. I think you two will like each other; you seem to have a similar sense of humour.

Part self-deprecating, part feigned cockiness... (or is it feigned?)

Ohh I might have to buy this, after my ASOIAF read through and reading the new book when it comes out :)

Then it shall be done. Just got to decide whether to get the hardback or for the kindle. Hmmm, decisions, decisions.

Hmmm, sounds a bit Joe Abercrombie mixed with maybe a bit of Brent Weeks? Not sure, but sounds really interesting. I will be buying it soon. Just motoring thru Michael Connelly's Black Echo which is slick as well.

All I want to know is when is book 2 due to be released?

Good to hear!

Books 2 & 3 are written (it's a trilogy not a series - three's the limit). As far as I know they will be released once a year, so this time next year for 'King of Thorns'.

Book 1 is pretty much a stand-alone so hopefully nobody is going to be stranded mid-action with a year to wait.

Well I've got my copy. It now has the distinction of being the first book I've bought directly for the Kindle, and I think I'll finish the book I'm currently reading and then give it a little read.

Just Kindled it myself - from shop to reading in about 2 seconds :)

Will start it tomorrow

Well that was a jolly tale :)

Love Jorg but I wouldn't want to date him lol

it was an entertaining read once I got into Jorg's head and first person narrative

Well that was a jolly tale :)

Love Jorg but I wouldn't want to date him lol

Thanks, Tansy - it's always appreciated when people give feedback (especially the nice kind).

I've seen the general 'which fantasy character would you date' discussion on several sites and would only ever expect to see Jorg in the 'certainly not' category ... though I have been surprised by one woman on twitter having a 'crush' on him!

You're welcome, I look forward to the next installment :)

Wow she must have "daddy issues" lol