New Toby Frost interview (with me)

thaddeus6th

Supporter
That splendid fellow Toby Frost has taken a short break from drinking tea and plotting the downfall of Gertie to do a little Q&A.

Mr. Frost discusses what inspired him to create the historical/futuristic universe of Space Captain Smith, offers advice to new authors and reveals that the narrator of the forthcoming audiobooks of SCS was responsible for establishing the supremacy of the East India Company in Bengal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Clive,_1st_Baron_Clive).

Thanks for the interview, Mr. Frost :)

http://thaddeusthesixth.blogspot.com/2011/05/interview-with-toby-frost-author-of.html

No problem at all!

Toby, interesting to read of your fantasy epic - have you considered self-publishing it as a Kindle-only edition, using your current popularity to cross-pollinate promotion of it?

Great interviewer and splendidly interesting author.:) Are you as funny in real life Toby, as your character?

Thanks, Mr. Compton :)

It's quite difficult to think of good questions, especially if someone were, say, stupid enough not to think of any at all until they got their surprisingly quick reply from Mr. Frost.

Reminds me, actually, I might buy those audiobooks.

Are you as funny in real life Toby, as your character?

I'm actually quite dull. It even says so on my Facebook profile.

Regarding the fantasy epic (well, it's a few hundred pages long) it's currently looking for a publisher and has had a couple of annoying narrow misses. Strangely, I wrote it about 8 years ago, thinking that a kind of film noir fantasy would be good fun, and since then fantasy has become rather more like that. So maybe now is a good time to try it. We'll see. I'd love to see it in print - although it's very different to Smith, I really enjoyed writing it and it seems a shame for nobody else to see it. In time I'd like to put the first chapter or two up on the website for free, but I'm afraid that might take a while.

IMO, I would just ensure it's professionally edited and considering publishing it yourself as a Kindle download. 10x income from trad publishing, and you have a name and web platform to market it. 2c. :)