science fiction/fantasy trilogy where a woman goes back in time

elegy

I'm looking for the name of this book, its a trilogy i remember reading a long time ago which I never got the 3rd part to and its realy bugging me :confused: any help would be appreciated.

The first book starts in the present day and the main character is a woman (researcher and language expert i think) imployed by a company whos made a time machine that can only go back to some time around 1000-1500 AD. Shes sent there to gather information but falls in love with the prince (or king). I remember that she is well liked by them because she is a larger lady and the men prefer that. Theyre also speaking an odd version of english that only this main character can understand.

In the second book they send her back there again but to an alternate timline where the prince doesnt love her and theres some kind of war going on, she wants to find her way back to the prince she knows. I also remember her having some falling out with the company or being fired at some point.

thats all i remember and I dont think i even got to finish the 2nd book which is realy frustrating. thanks for reading my plea and i hope you can help me :eek:

I recognise that name! thank you very much I'm straight off to the library :D

Back