Any recommendations for some good horror in a medieval setting?

SoreLoser42

I'm looking for a good mix of sword and sorcery with lots of undead thrown in. I am already aware of the Ravenloft books, and I have read all of Robert E. Howard's Conan. Cany anyone recommend anything else?

For another sword'n'sorcery classic, you might like Fritz Leiber's Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser books. I seem to recall transparent ghouls (including attractive female ones!), though I wouldn't call it horror.

Or what about Andy Remic's new series for Angry Robot (three out so far)? Lots of blood, guts and action there:

http://angryrobotbooks.com/our-authors/andy-remic/kells-legend-by-andy-remic/

Sounds to me exactly the sort of thing you like :)

Have you read Solomon Kane stories, they are historical 1500s and much more horror feel than Conan stories.

REH has a horror collection with several historical horror stories and some might be close to medevil times.

Have you read Solomon Kane stories, they are historical 1500s and much more horror feel than Conan stories.

REH has a horror collection with several historical horror stories and some might be close to medevil times.

Yeah, Solomon Kane seems like a perfect rec.

Well, it's not exactly medieval times, but Brian Lumley's "Hero of Dreams" series definitely has some medieval qualities about it and they are really fun reads. They take quite a bit from Lovecraft's "The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath" and "The Silver Key" from what I can remember.

Those are great stories.(y)

Eaters of the Dead by Michael Crichton
Black Monastery by William Stacey
Between Two Fires by Christopher Buehlman
A Mortal Glamour by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro

I've been hearing some good things of the Warhammer Horror series. Their "Old World" setting would be best with the Genevieve stories

I've not read them yet though they are on my "to read list".

There's also their "high fantasy" setting which is a bit more extreme in some of the magic, with Age of Sigmar stories here:

Again that's the "horror" bracket of their releases.

Kim Newman/Jack Yeovil's Genevieve books are good. They're a bit subtler and wittier than some of the newer Warhammer novels, but still pretty bloody. Genevieve also crops up in the Anno Dracula series, which are more Victorian horror and less sword and sorcery.