Requiem: Collected Works and Tributes to the Grand Master

DrMclony

SF Author M R Mortimer
Any body else looking forward to grabbing this when TOR books release it on june 21? I had a suspicion it was a reprint but the amazon listing says first release o_O

It's sure got me curious :)

I can't post the link of course, but its listed as coming soon on amazon.

I don't know why it would say new release if it's the Requiem I'm thinking of. As far as getting it, I've never been all that interested in a bang for the buck sense. Very slim fictional pickings. The non-fiction would be nice to read but it just never seemed essential to me.

DrMclony said:
Any body else looking forward to grabbing this when TOR books release it on june 21? I had a suspicion it was a reprint but the amazon listing says first release

It was first published in 1992 - my own copy is the 1994 paperback. I can't find any Amazon listing for a rerelease in June, though...

All very strange. Here is the Wiki stub article for the book published in 1992

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Requiem_(book)

And here is Amazon.co.uk selling that edition second hand:

Requiem: Collected Works & Tributes to the Grand Master: Amazon.co.uk: Robert A. Heinlein, Yoji Kondo: Books

And here is Amazon.com selling an apparently completely new edition:

Amazon.com: Requiem: Collected Works and Tributes to the Grand Master (9780765320544): Robert A. Heinlein: Books

with:

Product Details

Paperback: 352 pages
  • Publisher: Tor Books; First Edition edition (June 21, 2011)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 9780765320544
  • ISBN-13: 978-0765320544
  • ASIN: 0765320541

Odd & getting odder-

Could have sworn I had this one but it's gone missing from my
Heinlein shelves... :confused:

Tor has it listed in it's 'coming soon' section, btw~

*finger hovers over the pre-order button*

Odd & getting odder-

Could have sworn I had this one but it's gone missing from my
Heinlein shelves... :confused:

OOOhhhhh! We got a band of time/space pirates up to something suspicious then - they obviously stole your copy for some reason related to this mysterious new release..... What's the secret danger behind these new books? *shudders* mummeh i ish scared nao!