Playing with Cyberman Designs

Caledfwlch

I am not a Geek, I am a Level 22 Warrior!
Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, Principality of Wales
Hello :D

A while back I was bored, and thought it would be fun to play around with Cyberman designs and other things. Now, I have the artistic skill of an elderly ferret, I cannot draw.

What I did, is, online, I found lineart drawings of Cybermen, of varying quality (poor generally) I wish I could find my copy of David Banks Cybermen - that had some awesome lineart stuff.

I then used Corel Draw to trace the linearts, which was at times a frustrating nightmare, getting the settings "just right" so that the end result was an editable, and break apartable trace. And I was then able to take parts of an individual drawing, and merge it with others, and have full control over colour, etc.

So because of their origins, they are still not as sharp and good quality as I would like, and whilst my first ever job at 16 in the late 90's was as a "graphic designer" for a local printers doing black and white or 2 tone work, designing business materials, logo's, posters, flyers, vanity published books and so on, I never did any full colour work, other than using full colour clipart, text and so on, for the odd flyer/poster and I am still a bit baffled with getting "accurate" or lifelike colouring, or metallic colouring in things like Corel Draw. So I apologise that my Cybermen are coloured strangely. :eek:

I also found a brilliant drawing of Beaker from the Muppets as the Doctor, and another site, I have linked which has awesome Simpsons style takes on various Doctor Who characters and monsters. Same thing here, with tracing, and playing with colours.

So its not my original work, it is me playing with others, and turning them into editable, files, where one can colour individual sections, and so on. If anybody wants a copy of my files, with the fully editable versions, then I am more than happy to send copies - They are Corel Draw x5, but they should also be openable, and fully editable in open source svg software such as Inkspace, or I may be able to save the corel files as .svg, or older Corel versions.

Oh, and the .png exports are more rough looking than the master files, because I just did some quick exports, rather than better quality jpeg's etc.

caledfwlch-albums-doctor-who-picture939-cybermorph-this-is-my-attempt-to-blend-the.png
[/IMG]
caledfwlch-albums-doctor-who-picture940-some-cybermen-over-the-years-ending-with-my.png
[/IMG]
caledfwlch-albums-doctor-who-picture941-this-is-beaker-from-the-muppets-as-the.png
[/IMG]