Rock & Rule (1983)

I simply love this movie. What a rare jem. There is a thread that's titled favorite animated movie, and this has to be one of them. I found this thread so I thought I'd put my two cents in here. The animation, the story, the humor, and the rare music make this a must see for any animation lover. I adore Angels/Debbie Harrys songs for this film. Moc/Lou Reed is one of the most over the top villians out there. Great movie that almost never got made.

I simply love this movie. What a rare jem.

It's a shame that there aren't more adult sci-fi/fantasy animated films for us to enjoy, there's just a bunch typical cartoon movies geared only toward kids so they can buy toys related to the film.

RockRuleposter.jpg

It's a shame that there aren't more adult sci-fi/fantasy animated films for us to enjoy, there's just a bunch typical cartoon movies geared only toward kids so they can buy toys related to the film.

Check out some Anime. It isn't all just Pokemon and Dragonball. There are different categories or sub-genres of anime and a lot of it is geared to more grown up audiences.

Rock & Rule does rock and rule though.

While it had its faults there was much to admire about this production.
It's a rarity to see lush full character animation in a somewhat adult film.

Sadly I don't think it ever got a theatrical release because another great independent film, The Secret Of NIMH, tanked so badly before R&R's planned release.

Western animation has never been accepted as a medium for telling adult stories. :(

*Dusts off old thread*
Another really underrated animated film. I love this one. The animation and the music are fantastic.
I'd love to re-watch it some time. :)

I was just thinking about seeing this film again, while I wore my tribute t-shirt the other day.

A lady bank teller did a double-take when she saw my shirt. It's good to know there are fans of this rare and unusual cult flick, still out there.

1565316522361.png