SG-U: 2.18 - Epilogue

Dr.Jackson

Certified Space Monkey
Destiny arrives at Novus to find the very modern planet abandoned and in the throes of seismic destruction. Realizing the wealth of knowledge and resources they may be able to retrieve, Yazou, one of the settlers, leads Scott, Eli, Wray and Greer to an underground archive of the civilization. While pouring through the data and transferring what they can back to Destiny, the crew learns of the difficult survival their other selves had to endure.

Racing against the sudden decay and collapse their arrival at the archives has triggered, Rush discovers a clue to where the survivors of Novus may have taken refuge and, possibly, a way of reuniting the settlers with them.

I enjoyed this episode and I can't help but wonder if the characters would learn anything about themselves from watching the historical Kino footage.

For a while I thought that alt-Eli was going to end up by himself, then there was a line about he and Brody being the only ones not pairing off which made me think they'd end up together bemoaning the fact that they were left alone. Luckily, he found someone, but poor old Brody became the old guy complaining about kids making fun of him and being noisy - I half expected there to be a line about them being on his lawn!

I loved the bit where they got into the elevator to get to the archives and it had muzak playing in it! Then again, what advanced society would be complete without cheesy tunes playing in the elevators?

It's something to think about, the fact that the alt-Destiny crew are responsible for seeding life in another galaxy and what that could have brought to a third season of the show. I guess that'll be left to fan-fiction now.