Buy the Shunned House

I was finally able to spend four days in Providence in October of 2007, and we had rooms in ye b&b directly across the street from the Shunned House. It has an aura still, at least for those of us who live and breathe Lovecraft as our everyday obsession. I remember still the electricity that ran through my core being as I stepped to the bottom of the house and touched my hand to the strangely paneled bottom door -- ye door that led into ye nameless lower section. Gawd -- gawd!!! How wonderful it wou'd be, to be able to retire in that house and spend the remainder of my strange days writing Lovecraftian weird fiction there. I would put a plaque declaring its Lovecraftian history on ye lower outside wall, and I would have one room set aside as a Lovecraft Memorial Room in which visitors could sit and discuss HPL, read books in a Lovecraftian Library, or purchase Lovecraft's books. And I wou'd have a mock-up put in ye cellar -- of a titan elbow..............................

...and one day, there'd be no answer when a friend of yours knocked - and after a decent interval, the police would break in, and open the library door, and find you, rigid and cold at the desk, a half-finished note and broken pen in front of you, and a look on your face of heart-stopping terror that was, at the same time, strangely welcoming...

:eek::D

This Lovecraft's home? It's listed as a single family abode. Hah! Little do they know. What's that thing on the front porch?

This Lovecraft's home? It's listed as a single family abode. Hah! Little do they know. What's that thing on the front porch?

No, this is the house where "The Shunned House" is set. IIRC, Lovecraft's aunt Lillian helped someone who lived in the house in the early 1920s, so Lovecraft probably knew the house well.

Equipment: Refrigerator, Oven/Range, Garbage Disposal, Dishwasher, Hood, Exhaust Fan, Washer, Dryer, Alarm Owned, Cable TV
Near: Shopping, Bus, Commuter Bus, Entrance to the Underworld, Highway Access, Private School, Public School, Hospital

Hmmm, everything seems in order.