Discussion -- 300 Word Challenge #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DISCUSSION, 300 Word Challenge, April

Thanks, everyone for the congrats. I was concerned about using a real event in my story, in case it was a bit insensitive, but asked a mod, who should have known better, because she encouraged me... Those fifteen votes would have been shared out elsewhere.:eek:

What started as a stressful week with cat (now sleeping all day again, going out at night) turned into an unexpected bonus with the challenge. It feels marvellous, and thank you all again for voting for it.:)

Somewhat belated congratulations to Boneman!

I would congratulate Boneman on his win, but it seems I have already done so. :)

Thanks for the vote, Judge, and congratulations on the win, Boneman.

Congrats Boneman. Yours was my first choice. It was a well-deserved win.

Thank you, all four, for the congrats. It still feels wonderful...:)

The world didn't end yesterday, but at least I'd have gone out a winner, if it had. Do you suppose you present your CV to the gatekeepers these technology days, or do they review your life for you? Now there's a theme for a challenge: 'what the gatekeeper told me'...

For those who didn't see the announcement in the other thread, Boneman's story is now featured on the Chronicles Home Page!

(I'm hoping that the line saying that I provided the inspiration will be changed soon, since the picture was chosen by the moderation team, and Mouse took the photograph. But at least Boneman's excellent story is there to receive it's well-deserved recognition. And there is a link in the article leading to the thread with the rest of our stories.)

The King of Elfland's Daughter came to my house today. I'd been meaning to invite her for ages, and when you all voted my story into first place, I Brian waved his magic wand, and lo and behold, she's here now. She looks every bit as good as I imagined her, and she's one of those people you just have to keep looking at. Listening to her talk is even better.

Thank you all so much for making it happen!!:)

^ Nice choice of prize Boneman, and a very worthy win.

Won't be long now... wonder what the Mods have in store for us. :)

Won't be long now... wonder what the Mods have in store for us. :)
It's a pity none of the mods has a nice set of mustachios which could at this point be twirled with an air of self-satisfied, melodramatic menace... you'll have to imagine pyan twirling his tenacles, instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.