The Prestige

Foxbat

None The Wiser
Supporter
By Christopher Priest.
Just wondering if anybody has read it. I'm having trouble getting my head round the conclusion.

Saw the film and thought it was quite slick. The book is another matter. It's got a lot more depth than the movie (as you'd expect) but I seem to be on the fence about it....can't make up my mind quite what I think about this book. Frankly, I feel there's a good story fighting to get out but that it's just not quite there.

I heard the movie was amped up a bit and a lot of people thought it was better than the book. Haven't read it but loved the movie.

There's a lot missing from the movie but it does flow a lot better than the book (which I felt was a bit disjointed).

I think, on the whole, I'd agree that the movie is actually better.

Foxbat - I think this is a very rare occasion where the movie based on the book is actually better, it's always the other way around. But then again Christopher Nolan is a genius IMO

The only other book where I felt the film was better was Trainspotting (again mainly because it flowed so much better).

A rare occurence indeed. :)

I haven't read this book yet but I loved Christopher Priest so I have hight hopes (and I did enjoy the movie).

Doesnt sound good place to start with Priest. Inverted World sounds more SFictional and interesting to me.

I bought the book based on a forum recommendation. I've never seen the movie, in fact hadn't even heard of it. I started the book and just couldn't get into it. Nothing about it appealed to me. I skimmed a few pages to the end and put it in the "donations" box.

Frankly, I feel there's a good story fighting to get out but that it's just not quite there.

I have to agree with that.

The movie did seem to tell a more cohesive story. And I found the end much more disturbing somehow. Maybe that was just the visual impact, though.