2 new Matrix films coming?

I don't see any merit in further Matrix films - and I think it has now been discounted.

I am still waiting for Star Wars 7, 8 and 9 (Lucas said when Episodes 1-3 came out that he envisaged a "trilogy of trilogies" but he later ruled himself out from directing the last 3)

I enjoyed the first matrix, provided I didn't think too hard. Because I had by then allready written Suspended Earth, which has a similar theme, and I was strict on myself in terms of making THAT consistent and workable, so when I watched the matrix, if I thought too hard about it I would find myself harsh about the bits I would have done different and the bits that simply didn't work.

Then they released 2 and 3 and they really didn't do a thing for me. It was like " Yay! We escaped! lets go back for no reason but to blow up some trucks! " it was pathetic.

So I wont be watching 4 and 5. ever.

I'm hoping that some lessons were learnt with the Matrix 2 and 3 that will mean that these may be passable movies.

The W brothers are not making one in the near future but in the distant future
and no
the w brothers are not gonna be the ones making them

around 2033

i would like to see them if they are more like the first and maybe the 2nd one. the third one was bad.

I watched the first one a few nights ago. Most enjoyable.

I'm not really sure the latter two added much, let alone whether any more would be a good thing.

They added to the piles of money made by the studio, which is the main point of most sequels :)

I still haven't watched the third film, being so disappointed by the second. The original is a classic though.

i realise i'm in the minority but i enjoyed the matrix reloaded and matrix revolutions. i liked they went somewhere different with the movies and liked the ending quite a bit. i wouldn't be annoyed with more films, i don't think they need to happen though, kinda like star wars.

The new movies are just a rumour... I'm fairly sure the Wachowskis stated that they told the story they wanted to tell with the trilogy, and that was that.

I agree. The first movie was the best (and one of my favorite sci fi movies), and had a self-contained ending. Good enough for me. Throwing in one sequel after another generally makes things worse with each installation.

Now, there's lot of other stories possible within the same universe explored so far. Dragging another film or three out of the same characters and basic plot lines is what turns me off.

Kind of glad this doesn't seem to have gone anywhere, to be honest. The first film was a great stand-alone story and I still revisit it from time to time, but from what I remember the sequels were definitely a case of diminishing returns.

So I suppose there won't be any more Matrix films. The first Matrix film was the best, anyway.

The first was the only one worth watching, the sequels were just plain awful. Any talk of further awfulness sounds like trying to whip the decaying corpse of a fifteen year dead donkey.

A film regarding the initial war between humanity and machines has been done, it's called Terminator Salvation.