Article to be written please answer these questions?

lordslayer

1. Why were you atracted to firefly, why (if so) are you a massive fan?

2. What were you thoughts, when it was annouced that the show would be cut?

3. When Serinty was announced What were your initial thoughts/ thoughts after watching the film.

4. Do you hold any hope that Another series will one day be made?

5. Have you got any comments to people, who judge people who are intrested in Sci-fi without first watching it your self.?

6. Why do you beileave firefly was such a great success?

7. what is your altime favorite quote from the show?

Thanks for your time, this will help me greatly. :)

I'm a big fan of Joss Whedon's other shows, so I expected to like it. It didn't disappont, because of the emphasis on story and charater. Great writing and acting.

It was cut before I saw it, on DVD in the right order, thankfully.

3. When Serinty was announced What were your initial thoughts/ thoughts after watching the film.

Quite amazed that a film was being made, really glad that some of the story that was lost when the series was cut, would get to be told. I think Whedon did a great job, so many shows that get cancelled are just left hanging with nothing resolved. At least that wasn't the case with Firefly. Also the film was high quality, certainly in my top 10 SF films.

No.

5. Have you got any comments to people, who judge people who are intrested in Sci-fi without first watching it your self.?

I don't think SF still has a stigma, it's pretty mainstream these days, isn't it? On TV anyway.

It wasn't, was it? It was cancelled after half a season. If you mean why was it popular among those who did see it, for me it's the writing, which, as usual with Whedon's shows, has a depth and intelligence that's quite unusual with TV.

Err...The only one I can recall off the top of my head is Jayne's "I'll be in my bunk". I'll think of better ones later I expect.

1. Why were you atracted to firefly, why (if so) are you a massive fan? (attracted)

Whedon. It's cleverly written with unexpected dialogue and quirky slang.

2. What were you thoughts, when it was annouced that the show would be cut? (announced)

I watched it long after it was cancelled. It didn't surprise me. The writing was too good for the American mainstream.

I watched it, I think, a few weeks after I saw the series. It was good that they finished the series, bad that they had to do it so quickly. The Revers were a great invention that needed more drama-time to develop.

No, I don't think Joss Whedon would want to, now, anyway. He's moved on, we've moved on. But I look forward to his next creations :)

5. Have you got any comments to people, who judge people who are intrested in Sci-fi without first watching it your self.? ("interested" and a couple of random commas, there ;) - and possibly "themselves", rather than "your self")

Yeah. Don't judge. Judges judge. Just accept that there is infinite diversity in infinite combination and beam me up.

6. Why do you beileave firefly was such a great success? (believe)

Not sure it ever could be called "successful" exactly, but it was a clever series with interesting, sometimes novel, ideas.

7. what is your altime favorite quote from the show? (all-time)

Not a quote, but I liked that Mal shot the guy in mid-warning in the first episode (the baddie was holding a gun on the doctor)

Good luck with your piece, I hope you'll keep us up-dated :)

Personally, i wasn't a fan of the idea of the Cowboy and SF mixture i pretty much ignored this when it was first aired. I picked this up one day as there weren't any other SF DVD's available. I took it home and watched the whole series back to back twice. I ws hooked.

As with the others on this forum, it's the characterisation that makes me a fan. Each of the main characters had such a rich story that you couldn't help but like them. The humour and great stories also helped.

It was already cancelled when i watched it, but once i'd finished my initial viewing i felt a little meloncholly. No more Firefly. I also felt a bit agrieved that something as good as Firefly gets one series and no recognition, yet something like Andromeda gets four seasons. I also think that TV execs need to look at the long game. DVD sales are also part of a shows success.

3. When Serenity was announced What were your initial thoughts/ thoughts after watching the film.

I really enjoyed the movie, but i felt a little cheated as i kinda thought that the Miranda storyline was a bit of a cop out. I also felt that the original five year story arc would've reavealed a lot more. (The back stories, the Mal/Inara and Kaylee/Simon love stories etc I also felt that there was going to be a betrayal and redemption for Jayne too.)

Of course, but that ship has sailed.

If we all liked the same thing, it'd be a dull world. Besides, i think there are a lot of closet fans. SF is more popular than people think.

Humour, characters and stories. As i say, Joss was at the top of his game when he wrote this.

Shiny. (I just love the optimism of that single word. :) )

Thanks for your time, this will help me greatly. :)

Comments are beneath the questions.

It's made by Josh Whedon, stars Nathal Filion and was highly recommended.

That was before my time. I got it on DVD. The movie (Serenity) took the show to a natural end, but I wouldn't mind getting more.

Again, before my time. Excellent movie, though.

If it's well-made. I would rather cherish the great memory than watch a crappy spin-off or sequel.

Actually no. Everyone I know either love it or haven't heard of it. Mostly the latter, for some reason. God forbid people watch something that's not on TV.

Great actors, great setting and felt quite unique. I mean it's just a western, but set in space.

Zoe: "Proximity alert! Must be coming up on someting."

Wash (alarmed): "Oh my god! What can it be? We're all doomed! Who's flying this thing?" *small pause* "Oh, right, that would be me. Back to work."

Thanks for your time, this will help me greatly.

I was watching other scifi series, mostly stargate and star trek, and a friend of mine recomended it too me. I like it because of the characters, the story and it's very well made.

I started watching the show after it had beed cancled, but it's always sad when a good show gets cancled.

I was exited about it and hoped it would be a good edition to the serie.

I guess it's not very likely but you can always hope, but if it gets the green light again I hope they make it good.

5. Have you got any comments to people, who judge people who are intrested in Sci-fi without first watching it your self?
Well I guess it's their loss.

Well if it was a great success it maybe would have gotten more then 14 episodes, but I think it got so popular among the fans because of the great characters and the story.

Don't really remember any qoutes, it have been sometime sens I watched it but I have thought about rewatch it soon.

Back