Omnibus Editions?

Kierkegaurdian

So I just found out that there are two omnibus editions of The Book of the New Sun. One was put out by the Science Fiction Book Club, and the other by a UK publishing house, entitled "Severian of the Guild." They both clock in at ~950 pages.

I remember reading in a forum somewhere that there was also a SFBC omnibus edition of The Book of the Short Sun, but I can't seem to find it. I have also not found an omnibus edition of The Book of the Long Sun (all four books in one volume) anywhere, or a reference to such an edition. It would be pretty awesome to have all of these in single volume versions, anyone know if there are indeed omnibus editions of Long Sun and Short Sun?

I remember reading in a forum somewhere that there was also a SFBC omnibus edition of The Book of the Short Sun, but I can't seem to find it. I have also not found an omnibus edition of The Book of the Long Sun (all four books in one volume) anywhere, or a reference to such an edition. It would be pretty awesome to have all of these in single volume versions, anyone know if there are indeed omnibus editions of Long Sun and Short Sun?
That would have been the SFBC 2001 HB edn. called Book of the Short Sun. It's only available to US residents and members of the SFBC, so other copies may not be that easy to source other than the occasional one on ebay, amazon, abebooks etc. so you'll need to keep an eye out. I have the paperback single volumes.

I don't think there has ever been a single omnibus covering all 4 Long Sun books. I have the 2 set omnibus edn. in paperback published by Orb.

I did end up finding copies of both the New Sun and Short Sun omnibuses (?) online. There are a few copies of both SFBC omnibus editions online from Amazon / Abe Books, etc floating around. Abe Books even has a copy (New Sun) signed by Wolfe himself! Thanks for the input, it does indeed appear that there is no single-volume omnibus edition of the Long Sun series.

It appears there are two types of omnibus's:

ISBN 1568658079 --- all four at 950 pages

ISBN 0312890176 --- first two volumes at 409 pages
ISBN 0312890184 --- second two volumes at 416 pages

The first one is by Bantam and the second by Tom Doherty/Orb. I have not read these yet so I am thinking of getting one or the other set used. I kind of like the covers on the two volume set by Bantam. You can find both at bookfinder4u.com

I'm not sure yet whether I will like Wolfe. He seems to appeal to people with kind of eclectic tastes so it's a 50-50 proposition.