Fantasy books about female disciples?

Don't know for sure but I'd bet Jessica Amanda Salmonson's AMAZONS! anthology would have something that would fit the bill.

^Thanks dask, will check that one out.

Disciples of what sort? Religious? Martial arts? Both? Something else entirely?

Yeah that was a bit vague of me, sorry. I'm looking for novels similar to Michelle Moran's "The Heretic Queen", where a young princess is groomed into becoming a Queen, defying all kinds of odds.

Basically what I'm looking for is; a young female underdog character that becomes a disciple of a strong adult female character(s) helping her reach her full potential.

Fantasy, religious, martial arts, etc; all is welcome! :)

Trudi Canavan, perhaps? I think the mentor was male, but it was very much a school for wizards.

I want to say Lirael by Garth Nix... although it's the second book in the series. Long, long time ago I read it, but I thought she was mentored by Sabriel (also the name of book one) who is an adult woman. (I could be wrong though!)

There's Queen Victoria: Demon Hunter by A.E. Moorat. Queen Victoria is mentored in martial arts and zombie killing by a woman called... Mrs Brown? Or Smith? My memory sucks today.

The Wit'ch Fire set by James Clemens is a five book set that has a female main character as the central figure. Great Books.

Back