They're Coming! To a Theatre Near You.

I'm rather looking forward to Cowboys and Aliens - it's cowboys and aliens in one film. What's not to love?

I've seen Monsters and Skyline. The first was good, particularly so for a guy who worked on it in his bedroom. The second, however, was kind of dull (though I'm not one who hates the ending as much as most).

I'm yet to see Paul, and I'm quite looking forward to the new Alien and Super 8. The new Predators might be good, too.

I'm not too sure about sequels to Cloverfield and District 9, though - I don't think they need them.

I haven't seen any of them, but do love a good invasion story. I would love to see sequels to Cloverfield and District 9, assuming, of course, that they're as good as the originals.
But the reviewer is right. A lot of them are quite samey.

Cloverfield almost needs a sequel since it explains nothing about the beastie or where it came from.
District 9 is done, who needs more ghetto aliens, the idea is too silly for even one feature-length flick. Skyline, no thanks, enough already.
I'm working on a book of Invasion stories, so am very picky about who invades, how, and when... so I'm prepared for another round of groaners... but hey who knows, accidents happen and maybe something good will come out of Hollywood this year.
(looks at link) Cowboys? Megamind? Board games! Yeaaaah.... it's getting worse. Poor old SF.

Hmm,
Are they all really Alien invasion movies?
I thought Paul was a single alien, I haven't seen it so he (Paul) might be the first of a massive invasion.
As for Aliens, surely that isn't an invasion movie?
I have seen Monsters - brilliant
And Skyline - pretty pants

Looking forward to Cowboys and Aliens, the rest, hmm, not so sure about.
Super 8 might be good. Predators are always good for an action flick, it should have Arnie in though.

Last edited:
Well, saw Battle of LA last nite.... the good army guys win the machine-gun war in Santa Monica. Monsters is good? Off I go to the movatorium then.

Battleship sounds rubbish!

...wait. Taylor Kitsch?

Battleship sounds awesome! I so want to see that. :D