11/22/63

It did seem more like a political statement than a novel. A very well written political statement, but a political statement nonetheless.

I really hated the opening, and almost didn't get past it, but once it got started it was a good book. Very interesting.

Hm... Just finished this myself and am undecided. Great first section, then the second definitely lacks focus, as though King is undecided as to what kind of book it is. None of it needed to be relevant to the story, and it seemed to me that it was there to beef up the page count.The only thing that seemed contrived was towards the end with the relaying of everything that happened in the intervening period. Now if more time had been spent on alternate-now than on the love interest, this would have been a much more interesting read. It wasn't a horror or a romance, it was a sci-fi book, and should have stuck to that.

I agree that more focus on the alternate-timeline would've been good. I was slightly disappointed that he comes back to the new timeline, and immediately decides to turn around and go back to reset everything.

Back