Patrick Rothfuss

Heather Myst

I just received my copy of Wise Man's Fear. Is anyone else here reading this? I thought The Name of the Wind was fantastic.

How many pages is this one? I'm a little bit hesitant, to tell you the truth. I thought The Name of the Wind was a solid but unspectacular debut, and could have benefitted from some extensive trimming. I'm concerned, after having had such success first up, this one may be even more self-indulgent than the last...

Cul, that's pretty much how I feel. I'll still give Wise Man's Fear a go though, eventually.

My copy of Wise Man's Fear has just turned up, just don't know hen I'll get to read it yet...

I got The Name of The Wind a day or two after it first came out, and loved it.

I just wanted to read something the same time as everyone else, when it was still new, so if I'm going to keep up and not lag behind as I have done with other authors, I'm going to have to find the time to read it soon!

Still waiting for mine to land. I loved the original so its been a long wait for this one.

My copy is scheduled to arrive today. I too loved the first book and the length doesn't bother me a bit, but then I'm a fast reader and have time on my hands for reading.

I was very unimpressed with his debut, so I will not be going back until I've run out of other stuff to read. However, for fans who are a bit hazy on what happened in the first book, Rothfuss has done a very unique re-cap to refresh your memory. It's pretty funny :)

Our Story Thus Far…..

I was very unimpressed with his debut, so I will not be going back until I've run out of other stuff to read. However, for fans who are a bit hazy on what happened in the first book, Rothfuss has done a very unique re-cap to refresh your memory. It's pretty funny :)

Our Story Thus Far…..

That WAS funny. Nice to see an author laugh at himself a bit. He even admits that Kvothe is a such a Gary Stu.

I just got Wise Man's Fear this afternoon and i have just started reading it. I loved The Name of the Wind and re-read it just recently so its great to finally start reading the second part. I waited long enough but its worth it!

It most definitely is a great read, for anyone who enjoyed the first you will enjoy the sequel. For those who didn't enjoy the framed story and first person narrative of the first you won't enjoy the sequel as this perspective and framing is continued from the original. The framing story still plays a much lesser role than the framed story so far.

Finished in a few days ago and loved it, much better than book 1

I was lucky enough to go to the release night signing in Seattle. He was very funny, 600 or so in attendance. It took quite a long time to get through the line but he stayed past midnight and signed everything for everyone.

I liked the book, on par but a bit more polished that TNOTW. I'm still digesting the story and I still have a few scenes stuck in my head :)

Are these written in first person or third person?

Both. Framing story in Third Person, then the main character sits down and starts relating his personal history in First Person.

Does anyone know of a good Rothfuss discussion forum... I finished the new one a few days ago and I'd love to get some sense of what people are thinking and engage in some idle speculation...