Ammi Pierce

Tinsel

Science fiction fantasy
Was he an alien than (refering to the short story "The Color Out of Space")? He didn't seem to be adversly affected by the spread of the meteor.

I'm not quite sure that I feel sorry for them, for staying there.

I take it that an effect of the "colour" on humans is to induce an incapacity for action even if they should realize that the area has become unwholesome.

The three globules from which the color emitted?

The three globules from which the color emitted?

Please clarify.
(And I might point out that only one globule was confirmed, although there may have been more since Ammi seems to observe one more colour at the end.)

It is suggested that there are missing globules. I do not know how the narrator comes to that conclusion however, his point of view, is supposed to be his relating to the sole source of the information.

There was no one but Ammi to question; for Arkham people will not talk about the strange days, and all three professors who saw the aerolite and its coloured globule are dead. There were other glubules - depend upon that.

It is suggested that there are missing globules. I do not know how the narrator comes to that conclusion however, his point of view, is supposed to be his relating to the sole source of the information.

It's because of several factors -- the blight seems to be spreading; people have difficulty leaving the area; Ammi thinks he sees a colour not quite making it into space but sinking back to the well again. So yes, there may have been at least one globule that was missed -- or maybe both colours were riding in the same bubble, or maybe the bubbles have nothing to do with it.

If what you said is true, than that is a turning point in the story.

The idea which I have yet to understand is why the narrator would not object to the location of the future reservoir after listening to Ammi Pierce.

If what you said is true, than that is a turning point in the story.

The idea which I have yet to understand is why the narrator would not object to the location of the future reservoir after listening to Ammi Pierce.

That is also explicitly stated -- he hopes that it will keep the colour down. But he also says that he will never drink any water from the reservoir, so I don't think he's very hopeful that it'll actually work. And he also resigns from his job and resolves never to visit the area again.

Since the story is too far away from me at the moment I can't find out anything about it at this time. I also remember where he said that he would not drink the water from the new reservoir for Arkham. I am willing to resign here, at least for now, until next time.

I feel like going back to "The Call of Cthulhu" when I am able to but after reading "The Color Out of Space" the second time, and asking some questions here, I do feel a lot better about the story.