Lovecraft Leatherbound Edition

Thanks for the news Ningauble. I have waited this long, might as well wait a month or two more.

By the way, may I ask what's the cool package? :D

MWAHAHAH!! Got my freebie copies today! (And I also got another really cool package -- thank you very much, Mr. Pugmire!!) :D
You are very welcome, young man. And thank you for all the work you have done with Grandpa's text. I wish I had had such a fine proofreader for THE TANGLED MUSE! The book that I am dedicating to you, THE STRANGE DARK ONE, is not to be publish'd next month after all--and that is a good thing. Three books a year is enough already. I don't know what's up with GATHERED DUST AND OTHERS, what was supposed to be out this month, as I have yet to sign the signature sheets, This gives me a chance to just relax for the rest of the year. I ain't writing a new book for a while cos I'll have FIVE BOOKS out next year, three new collections and two pb reprints. So I will have lots of time to peruse the Lovecraft Leatherbound edition, which I will drive down to ye local B&N to purchase in ye flesh next month--and I will unseal it, if it is wrapped in plastic (I love being wrapped in plastic, who doesn't?) in the store to make certain that it is an edition in which your name appears. I love that book as is, even in the corrupted editions--it is such a wonderful one-volume collection, with some fun rare items such as "The History of the Necronomicon." I forgot to mention this new corrected edition in my recent video with S. T. Joshi, alas! But once I have the book in paw, I shall extoll it afore me webcam at MrWilum.

You are very welcome, young man. And thank you for all the work you have done with Grandpa's text.

You're welcome! :)

I wish I had had such a fine proofreader for THE TANGLED MUSE!

Well, even though I work best with a text to compare against, I have been known to do proofing without as well...

The book that I am dedicating to you, THE STRANGE DARK ONE, is not to be publish'd next month after all--and that is a good thing.

Well, if you wait for something good it always turns out to have been worth the wait. :)

Three books a year is enough already. I don't know what's up with GATHERED DUST AND OTHERS, what was supposed to be out this month, as I have yet to sign the signature sheets, This gives me a chance to just relax for the rest of the year. I ain't writing a new book for a while cos I'll have FIVE BOOKS out next year, three new collections and two pb reprints.

My goodness! That's a lot of books!

So I will have lots of time to peruse the Lovecraft Leatherbound edition, which I will drive down to ye local B&N to purchase in ye flesh next month--and I will unseal it, if it is wrapped in plastic (I love being wrapped in plastic, who doesn't?) in the store to make certain that it is an edition in which your name appears. I love that book as is, even in the corrupted editions--it is such a wonderful one-volume collection, with some fun rare items such as "The History of the Necronomicon." I forgot to mention this new corrected edition in my recent video with S. T. Joshi, alas! But once I have the book in paw, I shall extoll it afore me webcam at MrWilum.

Looking forward to it! I have a spare copy of the old edition lying around that I intend to donate to the local college library (along with a copy of my errata list, of course!). They need more Lovecraft in their collections.

I've just return'd from Barnes & Noble, where I went in search of Penguin editions of Dante which they did not have. It occur'd to me to look for the new editionof THE COMPLETE FICTION. The young man there said, "We just got a new shipment in," and so I knew it HAD to be Martin's edition. The book was seal'd, so I removed a portion of the wrapping and saw Martin's name therein. This is now THE DEFINITIVE EDITION OF H. P. LOVECRAFT in existence. It is a wondrous book. I shall shew it later on today on a new YouTube vlog. Well done, Martin--wonderful work.

I've just return'd from Barnes & Noble, where I went in search of Penguin editions of Dante which they did not have. It occur'd to me to look for the new editionof THE COMPLETE FICTION. The young man there said, "We just got a new shipment in," and so I knew it HAD to be Martin's edition. The book was seal'd, so I removed a portion of the wrapping and saw Martin's name therein. This is now THE DEFINITIVE EDITION OF H. P. LOVECRAFT in existence. It is a wondrous book. I shall shew it later on today on a new YouTube vlog. Well done, Martin--wonderful work.

Thank you, kind Sir -- praise from a celebrated Mythosian auch as yourself is balm to me. :) Three months of almost literally backbreaking labour (some mornings, after hours spent bent over the keyboard, with eyes moving between book and text on screen, I was barely able to get my socks on) really paid off.

You are very perceptive to add the qualifier "in existence" -- there is one error that I found too late for correction (that I know of). You can find it in the Errata thread. It will be corrected in the next printing, in which my name might be printed in bigger type as well. ;)

I might add that the corrected printing has silver-edged pages and a purple bookmark ribbon.

I will have to stop by my local B&N and check if they got it in stock yet. What to do with the original edition now? :)

Bought the book today. Beautiful thing. Now if we could have a similar tome for the collaborations.

Bought the book today. Beautiful thing. Now if we could have a similar tome for the collaborations.

I rather doubt that is going to happen anytime soon. Arcane Wisdom's annotated edition of the collaborations (the first volume of which has been released recently) drops the C. M. Eddy stories, for example, because of legal complications. These, I believe, are still in copyright, hence it might be rather costly to acquire the rights to reprint them... at least, enough to to make them not feasible for inclusion in such a volume.

I may be mistaken on this last, but just the legalities in such a case might make it more trouble than (in the publisher's mind) it would be worth....

I rather doubt that is going to happen anytime soon. Arcane Wisdom's annotated edition of the collaborations (the first volume of which has been released recently) drops the C. M. Eddy stories, for example, because of legal complications. These, I believe, are still in copyright, hence it might be rather costly to acquire the rights to reprint them... at least, enough to to make them not feasible for inclusion in such a volume.

I may be mistaken on this last, but just the legalities in such a case might make it more trouble than (in the publisher's mind) it would be worth....

That might be dictated by the size of the print run -- remember, the Arcane Wisdom book was printed in just 150 copies. B&N printed the first HPL book in 13,000 copies, I think -- and that was just the first printing. The corrected printing we have now is the fourth printing, I think.

Therefore, it just might be possible for B&N -- financially speaking -- to actually issue a complete revisions volume. I'm not saying that will happen -- just a bit of speculation -- but I'm saying it isn't impossible.

Have just ordered the book. Now to sit tight and wait for it to come across the world. :)
Just make sure you get the right edition. My concern is ordering the earlier version that is purportedly riddled with errors and its appartently not guaranteed thst you will receive the correct copy. I am holding off for now.

I see. It was just mentioned in passing here and there. There should be a dedicated thread for this, looks like an important publication. I don't know how likely a B&N revisions volume would be. Hopefully that will happen. After all, a limited edition of 150 copies means not a lot of people will be able to get it. An edition by B&N, combining the two limited volumes, would be perfect. Waiting for that.

I think -- if memory serves, anyway -- there is to be a tpb edition of these volumes as well, though I've no idea when. I could contact Larry Roberts and find out what his plans are on this, though, should you be interested....

Just make sure you get the right edition. My concern is ordering the earlier version that is purportedly riddled with errors and its appartently not guaranteed thst you will receive the correct copy. I am holding off for now.

Good point. If you order straight from Barnes & Noble you will get the right edition. It's got silver page edges and a purple bookmark ribbon and an acknowledgement of my help on the copyright page (the bad printing has gold edges and a yellow bookmark ribbon and no mention of me).

Though I've had almost no time for reading anything in the past several days, I have dipped into this a little, and already I'm seeing a completely different book. What a difference this makes! The prose -- even of the early tales "The Beast in the Cave" and "The Alchemist" -- is in comparison clean, crisp, and really surprisingly good for someone of that age, and this comes across even more when one isn't distracted by the various typos which pull one up short and take the focus off the actual writing....

Thank you, Martin, for a wonderful job. Well done!