Lovecraft Leatherbound Edition

Any news on this corrected printing? I would love to replace my Del Rey paperbacks. I never liked the look of those things, not to mention having to buy so many of them to get almost everything...

It'll be in warehouses in September, according to Stefan, and it is supposed to correct all the errors I found except one (which I found too late).

So the best bet would be to actually acquire it from a proper bookshop so we can check if it is the corrected edition. I don't think the online stores would enable this sort of verification. I guess the publication date could be used?

There will be some sort of "Thanks to Martin Andersson" (=me :)) on the copyright page.
You're probably right in what you say about online stores; I have never seen them distinguish between printings.

Too bad, since I would order it from Germany :(

I hope at least barnes&nobles's own onlineshop will somehow clarify which version they will be selling.

I wanted to check back to see if there was any news on the new edition of the leather bound book. I can't wait to get this; it will make October "Lovecraft month" for me as I have only read a couple of stories.

I wanted to check back to see if there was any news on the new edition of the leather bound book. I can't wait to get this; it will make October "Lovecraft month" for me as I have only read a couple of stories.

The latest I heard was "in warehouses in September".

The latest I heard was "in warehouses in September".

OK, slight update: The first copies are expected in the warehouses next week. Stefan Dziemianowicz says that they are rushing them out to the stores, and that the book (the 1st ed.) has been an unexpected best-seller.

That is fine, but how to identify the corrected edition in online stores? I guess there is no way...

That is fine, but how to identify the corrected edition in online stores? I guess there is no way...

As far as I know, no. However, the earlier printing is supposed to have sold out, so chances are pretty good that you'll get the right one (however, again, there are no guarantees that there are no old copies floating around some stores).

Hmm, seems that this is not the case, because it is available everywhere... Probably they still have some old copies. I will wait some time and try contact the seller or buy the Gollanzc books, which supposedly have fewer errors.

If you hear about any online bookstore selling "your" edition, please mention it here.

Last edited:
Must keep waiting. I called one of the bigger BnN on a rich side of town and they don't have it yet, still have one published from last year. Ah well...argh.

Thank you, Worthington. I won't buy the Gollanzc books. Seems that is best to wait. It may take few months... I see that the book is out of stock on Amazon.com, which may mean that when is available again it will be the corrected edition. No guarantee, though.

Hmm, seems that this is not the case, because it is available everywhere... Probably they still have some old copies. I will wait some time and try contact the seller or buy the Gollanzc books, which supposedly have fewer errors.

Lord, no! Not the Gollancz books!

If you hear about any online bookstore selling "your" edition, please mention it here.

I'll see what I can do.

OK, here's what I heard from Stefan at B&N when he contacted me to tell me that my freebie copies are shipping:

For people ordering on line, the odds are virtually 100% in their favor that the copy they order will be the corrected second printing. When the second printing hit our warehouse, the first printing was down to about 600 copies, all of which were store stock. We set aside a specific amount from the warehouse for our online sales arm, and that comes from the warehouse, never from the stores.

If they want to wait a few weeks just to play it safe, they can. The stock will start moving out of the warehouse and into the stores very shortly.

Amazon.com is still not restocked with the book, but Amazon.co.uk has only 6 copies left (Yesterday were 8 copies left) and says that more are coming. Hopefully the new copies will be the corrected edition, but who knows...

MWAHAHAH!! Got my freebie copies today! (And I also got another really cool package -- thank you very much, Mr. Pugmire!!) :D