Full Dark, No Stars

Wiggum

S.M.R.T.
Odd.

Didn't see a thread for it.

Good collection of stories.

1922 was probably my favorite, although it did suffer somewhat from almost being too long for its own good.

Big Driver and A Perfect Marriage are both close on its heels.

Fair Extension is last on my list, but still an enjoyable nugget.

I would like to read this one as well, I think his novella books are good because he leaves out the diahroea of the typewriter behind and focusses on the story at hand.

He might have a future in this business.

Yeah, if you do like his shorter length works, give this one a go.

The writing is surprisingly tight even for the format taken into consideration.

Very much so.

I was pleasantly surprised with two of the stories, while containing "horror", didn't have any supernatural aspect to them.

Man, now I have to fork out more cash for this book and I already have so many in my TBR pile. Oh well you gotta do what you gotta do.

All of the stories are super dark, thus the title. 1922 and A Good Marriage are my favs. I got the paperback version with the new story in it, it's okay but the original four are definitely a treat. King at the top of his game.

I find King's short stories a bit hit and miss, but Different Seasons is one of my all-time favourite King books. Is Full Dark anywhere near that quality?

IMHO, better! I loved Different Seasons, but Full Dark, No Stars was some of the darkest material I've ever read from him and it was SK on point with his writing. Definitely check it out!

I loved the book and found three of the four stories almost unbearably suspenseful, the odd one out being "Fair Extension".

My only slight problem - and it's very slight - is that the high octane suspense is mostly front end loaded, while, by comparison, the resolutions seem to run down quite calmly.

REF: nixie
I agree, I really enjoyed "Big Driver", I also enjoyed the other three but I think this one stood out as my favourite, and as with the others a very good ending.

REF: digs
As for his stories being a bit hit or miss you can probable say this about most authors efforts.
It's true Stephen has had some misses, but every miss is more then made up for by the number of hits he's had.
He's written some real classics such as "Chattery Teeth", "The Wordprocesser Of The Gods", "The Monkey" & "The Mist" to name but a few.
Even if he had written no novels I think his reputation would have been made on these stories alone.