Gambit

Unfortunately (or fortunately) Deadpool is a very popular character and works really well in comics, if they were to make a movie in the same style it could be amazing - breaking the fourth wall and talking to the audience... but it probably would not be the way they would go.

As for Gambit, I always felt his first appearance was one of the best introductions I have ever seen, if they could bottle that version of Gambit it would be phenomenal

You mean Gambits intro to the x-men through his connection to Storm? i love that arc. Its especially interesting when one realises that still to this day, she is his only Friend. (he's had lovers, allies, and team mates, but only one real friend... Storm)

You mean Gambits intro to the x-men through his connection to Storm? i love that arc. Its especially interesting when one realises that still to this day, she is his only Friend. (he's had lovers, allies, and team mates, but only one real friend... Storm)

That's the one.

What struck me was the way he sauntered into a room, straight into a face-off with the Shadow King and just started talking. And talking. And talking.

And nearly walked out the room, with Storm in tow.

The Shadow King even noted later that there was something in the way he talked that even distracted and convinced him to let Gambit and Storm walk free - even though he was one of the most powerful telepaths on the planet. I always thought that this was going to be a subtle secondary power, but once Claremont left they seemed to drop it.

Just for Mouse

3061439019_09342109e2.jpg

Two things: one

I am new to these forums but am SO GLAD to see that Gambit has his own thread.

two

while I agree that gambit can pull off the pink.. there is one other who can pull off pink as well

Bret the Hitman Hart!!

but yes Gambit is awesome lol

So... you know I only resurrect this thread to moan, be warned...

Just read a 'Forgotten X-Men' article on Yahoo and, of course, Gambit's on there. But they talk about how popular the character is, then you scroll down to the comments and, yep, everybody's talking about Gambit. Why can't the filmmakers see this? Why do they think he's not popular enough for his own film? Gah!

I'm torn with seeing the new film. I want to see it, cos it's X-Men, but I don't want to see it because it's bloody Wolverine again and by rights it should be someone else. Preferably you know who.

another kick in the nuts for Remy... His solo series has been cancelled too :(
it seems even when the writers portray him VERY well (his current solo is actually brilliant), the public who supposedly adore him... don't buy enough of his books to keep them running.

imho, Gambit NEEDS a team around him. He actually shines best with people to be charming with who we know and love and/or like. He needs Storm, or (bleurgh) Rogue, as his co-conspirator (i won't say side-kick, because in both cases, he would be their sidekick - they're far more popular than Remy, especially with the broader public).

Remy and 'Ro need to revisit their "tour" of the great houses of the Gulf Coast... that was cool. no Shadow King this time tho...

I kinda think he'd work better in a novel sometimes. He'd work well in a novel anyway. Marvel should get on to that.

God, let's hope it's not true...IMO Tatum is one of the worst actors to ever make it big, ugh...he's a giant lump of an actor. :(

It's the cover to All New X-Factor, which is where Gambit is currently residing.

The cats are quite funny in context to the story, but not the best cover in the world...

It's horrific. It wouldn't look out of place as the cover of a romance novel. And why is he dressed as Bono?!

To be more serious I think it is more the way the artist is drawing him, he is being writen really well.

His interaction with the cats (honest) is great, and his relationship with Danger and Quicksilver is absolutely priceless.

Yup, sorry Mouse, Channing Tatum has been confirmed as Gambit :p maybe the rest of the film will be amazing enough for the legend of Gambit