Gambit

Good find Mouse, it looks like it would make an excellent movie, makes you wonder why they couldn't, break the X-Men up, individual movies, different directors, bring them all together in one massive final movie.

Its strange that no one has thought to do that.

(No body mention the Avengers please.)

Whoever made that trailer did a pretty good job for the small amount of Gambit content that exists. PM I think part of the reason they don't do that is the amount of character crossover that would inevitably occur. It would be hard getting the characters already recognized as the more famous X-Men to appear in so many movies.

Wow, that trailer is awesome, keep replaying it too lol. It's probably never going to happen though, unless a director, a writer and a producer(all fans of Gambit), start pushing for it.

I think an Onslaught movie would be perfect. I remember taking(stealing) a Marvel comic from my older brother's room where almost every character I knew at the time were fighting him. They all jumped in some weird light in hopes of weakening him, and only the Hulk continued fighting the Onslaught because his power increased throughout the fight.

I don't know what happened next, because my brother caught me with his precious comic dipped in gold and encrusted with diamonds.:rolleyes:

Wow, that trailer is awesome, keep replaying it too lol. It's probably never going to happen though, unless a director, a writer and a producer(all fans of Gambit), start pushing for it.

I think an Onslaught movie would be perfect. I remember taking(stealing) a Marvel comic from my older brother's room where almost every character I knew at the time were fighting him. They all jumped in some weird light in hopes of weakening him, and only the Hulk continued fighting the Onslaught because his power increased throughout the fight.

I don't know what happened next, because my brother caught me with his precious comic dipped in gold and encrusted with diamonds.:rolleyes:

what happened next? all (well very nearly all) the heroes except the x-men DIED! Seriously!

:D, I'll go check if my brother has learned the virtue of "sharing is caring", and see if I can get my hands on that comic, and finally finish it.

sharing? comic books? you must be delusional... lol
the Onslaught x-over event was pretty impressive ( a little over-done to be honest). Thankfully it finally got rid of the whole "theres a traitor amongst you" BS that Bishop was feeding up since his first visit... and accusing our Remy of being...

I quite liked the 'Gambit is a traitor' story. Bear in mind that I know the story from the cartoon, not the comics...

PM got me curious about the comics though, so I found a site where you can read them online. I picked one at random (think it had Gambit on the cover!) and read a wee bit of it. Can't remember which one it was now, but Gambit looked like a pirate. In that, he had ringlets.

But anyway, he had a scrap with Wolverine where he charged Wolverine's claws up, threatening to cook him from the inside (seriously, Gambit would kick Wolverine's backside!) and then I skipped on a little bit and the next thing I saw was Gambit's charged staff in Wolverine's mouth (that sounds filthy and I apologise but don't know how else to phrase that!!) and then it ended (I think) with Wolverine's head exploding.

PM, any idea which comic that was?! And what the heck was going on?!

Ooooh I thought you had me for a moment there Mouse, but the slightly different description of Gambit helped.

This was not part of the regular X-Men continuity, but the Ultimate X-Men (Ultimate being an alternate continuity, where Marvel characters were given a fresh start).

Dubious as Gambit is in the main continuity, he is a much more shady character in Ultimate, in this instance here working against the X-Men, as noted he totally out fights/tricks Wolverine, and is their to kidnap Rogue.

Ah, that was it. Cheers! Yes, wondered why he'd gone for the ringlet look!

Another quick question, what happened after the card exploded in his eyes? Or don't we know yet?

Ironically I stopped reading Ultimate X-Men at issue 50... but I believe that Wolverine and Storm go after Gambit and Rogue, find out who is behind the kidnapping. The people behind it, a brother and sister calling themselves Fenris, want only to help Rogue, cure her. When she refuses their help they intend to force her.

Gambit steps in to save the day, and they flee together, right into a furious Wolverine. The battle is nasty, and Wolverine beats Gambit half to death, and then prepares to finish the job, but Rogue steps in, saves Gambit, quits the X-Men and the two leave together.

When the other X-Men have a go at Wolverine for going too far, he quits too, and Storm goes with him.

Hope that's the answer you wanted, or did I miss something?

sharing? comic books? you must be delusional... lol
the Onslaught x-over event was pretty impressive ( a little over-done to be honest). Thankfully it finally got rid of the whole "theres a traitor amongst you" BS that Bishop was feeding up since his first visit... and accusing our Remy of being...

Guess what? He says he can't find that specific comic book. :D

The battle is nasty, and Wolverine beats Gambit half to death...

Pah. As if! :D Cheers.

I thought the card in eyeball thing was from the main set of comics though. I read a summary and it just finished saying that Gambit charged a card and it blew up in his eyes.

yeah, that was just after they'd returned to the X-Men Mansion, (after X-Treme X-Men had finished, and Rogue and Gambit had both had their powers restored). He recuperated for quite a few issues - even had an almost fling with a hottie called Foxx (who turned out to be Mystique).

Mainstream Wolverine could take Gambit easily - and I HATE Wolverine so thats not easy to admit. Considering the limitations of Gambits powers, and that he really does lack a killer instinct (which is why he works so well as a reluctant hero), Wolverine takes him 9 times out of 10.
There aren't many fighters who can ultimately outfight Wolverine - that healing factor makes for an unstoppable little berserker.
There are however, quite a few Powerhouse who could destroy Wolverine utterly. Magneto almost did it once. In X-Men Forever, Storm actually DID kill him - and it was a one-shot kill too... i imagine several of the uber-telekinetics (Jean Grey, Rachel Grey, Hellion, Exodus) could take him easily as well.
Gambit is a great fighter tho, and i mean him no disrespect.

Magneto's powers seem like they were designed to neutralize Wolverine, whether its the comics, cartoon or the movies, everytime these two met, the latter always floated in the air paralysed, and in agony.

Wolverine is one of the few close-combat warriors of Marvel, that have to run towards their enemy and fight them at close range to do any damage. Most characters have some special power that allows them to hit their enemy from a distance, this makes me appreciate him as a character more.

Mainstream Wolverine could take Gambit easily - and I HATE Wolverine so thats not easy to admit. Considering the limitations of Gambits powers, and that he really does lack a killer instinct (which is why he works so well as a reluctant hero), Wolverine takes him 9 times out of 10.

Really?! I hate Wolverine too. Gambit could blow him up, surely. He has a metal skeleton.

Gambit could beat Wolverine provided they didn't start the fight at close range. Wolverine's healing factor might let him survive being blown up from the inside out, but either way it's gonna be painful and I think counts as a win for Gambit. On the other hand, if they started right in each other's faces Wolverine could just kill Gambit pretty easily, and there's no healing for him.