Gambit

Mouse

I didn't want to keep dragging the Magneto film thread off topic by going on about Gambit so... :D

Anyway, I mentioned in that thread that I thought Gambit had the ability to mess with time but couldn't remember where I'd read that. I found it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambit_(X-Men) Under the power and abilities section.

"He was also able to use his powers to travel through time by transforming himself into living energy which joined with the kinetic flow."

About a comic I haven't read.

Huh, I've never seen that one. Gambit's super cool, but I feel like that one is kind of a stretch for the writers. IDK if you're a DC fan at all but it feels like when the Flash becomes a part of the Speedforce (killed the Flash for me).

Oh yeah, I wouldn't want to see him become too powerful. I think the blowing stuff up is enough!

Nice! I'd just chuck a card under the nose of someone I didn't like. Just so they can say "What's that? It appears to be the ace of spades..." and then BOOM! (I wouldn't do that really, I'm too nice.)

Well that's new to me, as you can guess from the other thread I've been reading the comics for years, never seen or remember Gambit having those types of powers...

Moving into full comic geek mode - it seems to be similar to a power used by other Marvel character Wonder Man.

I'll try and find out that though.... Hmmm

Well I don't know how accurate Wiki is and I'm more of a 90s X-Men cartoon geek than a comic geek. Hence my quote up there that possibly nobody but me will get! :D So I don't know how true those powers are.

It's actually taken from one of his earlier comic appearances, they must have used in in the cartoon! He gets some great lines (or did)

I didn't want to keep dragging the Magneto film thread off topic by going on about Gambit so... :D

Anyway, I mentioned in that thread that I thought Gambit had the ability to mess with time but couldn't remember where I'd read that. I found it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambit_(X-Men) Under the power and abilities section.

"He was also able to use his powers to travel through time by transforming himself into living energy which joined with the kinetic flow."

About a comic I haven't read.

Everyone knows not to take wiki too seriously. The better source for Gambit related data would be Marvel.com.
here is the link for gambit there
Gambit - Marvel Universe Wiki: The definitive online source for Marvel super hero bios.

Our Gambit - as in the "REAL" 616 marvelverse version was only able to do this at his MAXIMUM unaltered power levels. And only for the duration of his battle with the New Son - his alternate from another dimension.

Thanks DG, I was having trouble with Gambit's apparent time travel power...

But (gulp) you brought up Earth 616, they're going to want to know what that's all about now...

But he still did it! Which means he's still super cool. ;) And hot. Did I mention Gambit was hot?

And, Perp... what's Earth 616? :D

Aha Mouse... that's actually a little easier than it sounds.

Years ago in a British comic no less (Captain Britain) it was established that their are countless different realities, many with their own Earth. The main Marvel universe is set on Earth in the reality 616, hence Earth 616.

(It's been hinted but never actually stated that we are Earth 0 and that we are locked out of the other realities... for now)

Yeah, to be fair DC did it first (although the alternate reality has been floating about for a long time). DC had a number of different Earth's, leading to continuity being bogged down, and the attempted to straighten it all out in 1985 with Crisis on the Infinite Earth's.

More recently it's all be opened up again with 52 universes.

Marvels alternates are rarely mentioned, but they are out there and there are an awful lot of them...

Well alternate Universes definitely make it easy to play around with your characters. Wanna make someone a bad guy /good guy but their character would never do that? Easy! Also good for reintroducing characters after they've died, which is I believe what DC did with Superman.

I'm not quite so up - on DC stuff, and it gets a lot more confusing - there are different versions of Superman, it's been reset, revised and changed som many times it's hard to realise just how it all fits together...

Ya I don't follow the Superman stuff as I think he has entirely too many superpowers for 1 alien. Occasionally I'll read A Green Lantern or Batman and a Superman will show up and they'll mention how hes the Superman of Earth 22 or something like that. The whole thing gets really confusing sometimes.

Aha Mouse... that's actually a little easier than it sounds.

Years ago in a British comic no less (Captain Britain) it was established that their are countless different realities, many with their own Earth. The main Marvel universe is set on Earth in the reality 616, hence Earth 616.

(It's been hinted but never actually stated that we are Earth 0 and that we are locked out of the other realities... for now)

Ah. I want to change realities, please.