X Men First Class

Average
12:15
Cousin and I will be seeing this in a few hours.
Also, I want to show you guys my ticket stub collection.
Been collecting since 07'. I'll post it over in the random thought thread when I get back sometime this afternoon.

Moonbat

Chuckle Churner
I watched this today and I can happily say that it is the best X-Men film I have seen. Really good. Matthew Vaughn (sp) is a damned fine director, and a really brilliant film. Love so many bits, but don't want to spoil any for you, so shhh!

Conor

Time for beer
In the original X-Men comics Beast had big hands and feet, which were that much more agile than the average persons, but other than that, and probably being a little stronger there was nothing else, certainly not hands for feet.

His blue fur did not appear until the early 70's, so about ten years on real time

40344141611046349.jpg

I saw it today and thought it was great!!
Only gripe is how Hank Mccoy was written, seemed he is only known for having big feet. After he mutates was much better.
Kevin Bacon made a great villian too.

There are some differences which I'll wait to write about.

Mouse

I'm glad people are saying it's good! I'm not seeing in until Wednesday now. Can't wait.

Conor

Time for beer
I'm glad people are saying it's good! I'm not seeing in until Wednesday now. Can't wait.

I have no doubt you'll enjoy it very much!
Michael Fassbender as Erik/Magneto was also great. High kudos to the director for creating mood and atmosphere.:p

Moonbat

Chuckle Churner
And of course there is no Wolverine in it, so you are bound to enjoy it.

;)

It has got January Jones, from Mad Men and she's got a name that would go well in the Marvel universe as it is.

digs

Thicker than water
I thought January Jones was by far the weakest link. She wasn't incredibly bad or anything, she's just so bland! As my friend said, it was as if Betty Draper had super powers.

I was pretty impressed at Kevin Bacon's mastery of languages. I don't speak German or Russian, but he sounded pretty authentic to me.

Conor

Time for beer
I thought January Jones was by far the weakest link. She wasn't incredibly bad or anything, she's just so bland! As my friend said, it was as if Betty Draper had super powers.

I was pretty impressed at Kevin Bacon's mastery of languages. I don't speak German or Russian, but he sounded pretty authentic to me.

I agree, the Emma Frost charachter was very bland. beautiful but oh so boring.

Say was the Kevin Bacon villian in the comics?? I checked out the other ones and they indeed are. Azazel was Nightcrawler's biological father.

Perpetual Man

Tim James
Supporter
Kevin Bacon played Sebastian Shaw, who is indeed in the comics, first appearing waaaay back in the late 1970's, part of the Hellfire Club story, a key component in The classic Dark Phoenix Saga.

In my Uncanny X-Men (1978) Thread that's charting the history of the comic book X-Men we're about to reach those stories (sort of)

Mouse

Ack! January Jones isn't very good?! I love Emma Frost! :(

Perpetual Man

Tim James
Supporter
Having not seen the film yet I can't really comment as such, but the way I always saw the early Emma Frost (The White Queen as she was) was an icy emotionally repressed bitch who only grew into the current character as time passed.

So maybe they are trying to establish her as she was back then?

Coolhand

Spiff's Stunt Double
I watched this today and I can happily say that it is the best X-Men film I have seen. Really good. Matthew Vaughn (sp) is a damned fine director, and a really brilliant film. Love so many bits, but don't want to spoil any for you, so shhh!

Indeed he did.
I was so happy with the way this movie turned out.

I have no doubt you'll enjoy it very much!
Michael Fassbender as Erik/Magneto was also great. High kudos to the director for creating mood and atmosphere.:p
Totally agree.
Saw this last night and totally loved it, bar on or two really badly fumbled scenes. Magneto is by far and away the best thing in the movie. To be honest, I'd have loved it if his initial sub-plot had been expanded into a whole movie. Those who've seen the film will know the parts I mean. Fillings and beer. ;)

Best X Man movie ever, I think.

Perpetual Man

Tim James
Supporter
Ahh, Mousey I think you are going to love it (well apart from about ten seconds)... no other comments.

Mouse

Peeeeeeeerp! Just seen it! First thing I did (besides make a cup of tea and grab some biscuits) is come here. :D

Ah I know what ten seconds you are referring to, but actually, I kinda liked that. Made me smile. Probably because [I knew it was only a cameo.]

Some questions before I forget:

Does Beast have super speed?!
What Nationality is Emma Frost?
Who the hell is Angel and Darwin?
Why is Angel called Angel and not dragonfly lady, when Angel, to me, is Warren??
Who was Tornado Boy? He was pretty. (Apart from the lower part of his face.)

Ok, now some comments. Spoilers follow, don't read if you haven't watched it. Or read at your peril. You have been warned!

Right, I didn't see the point in Angel, Darwin or Havok. I was annoyed about what happened with Darwin. I mean, the black character gets it. Well done!

Banshee, I loved.

Emma Frost... gah. They kinda went and did a Gambit on me. I love Emma Frost, there were moments (brief) when I was in fangirl heaven. But, I didn't like the way her diamond skin looked - she looked better in Origins. I didn't really see the point of her in the ending of the film, especially as she'd already gotten herself out of that room, what with breaking the glass. The ending with her felt like a 'we haven't forgot this character, look here she is!' rather than having anything to do with anything.

The Erik/Shaw stuff was exactly the same as the Stryker/Wolvie stuff. Perp, is it like that in the comics?

Shaw= anti climax or what! He was all nuked up, then Xavier just freezes him?! Also, the German doctor at the start, was that the same actor?! Cos I didn't even get it was supposed to be the same character right away.

Um. I'm sure I had more to say but I've forgotten.

Anyway, despite all that, I did really enjoy it. (Could've done with some Gambit. ;))

Starbeast

Benevolent Galaxy Being
Hmm, a lot of positive feedback. I'll see it!

I'm glad I avoided the movie trailers, I like surprises. And of course I had to be careful and tread lightly through this thread, I didn't want to read any spoilers. ;)