X Men First Class

Mouse

The film is out in June apparently... Facebook's X Men page are putting up the First Class trailer 'this afternoon' (it's almost this evening in the UK right now, so I'm guessing they're an American page) so will watch that when it's up!

I'm gutted there's going to be (as far as I'm aware) no Gambit again. Ok, I know he was in the Wolverine Origins film, but for all of ten minutes so, damnit, that doesn't count!

Starbeast

Benevolent Galaxy Being
The X-Men begin again

I don't have Facebook, but I did find the trailer to the upcoming film, it was short and looked good. In the original 1960's comic book there were only five members of the X-Men: Marvel Girl, Cyclops, the Angel, Iceman, & the Beast (in human form), then in the late 1970's new mutants joined the team (the Beast changed into a bestial form and joined the Avengers). However, when the first live-action movie came out, Marvel Comics mixed the heros in an updated superhero tale, which I still very much enjoyed. But now, the new X-Men movie is turning the clock back to show how the team first came together and I have no idea what to expect...but I do like surprises! :)

Mouse

Woo! Finally watched the trailer for this. Emma Frost?! Yay!

Heck Tate

The Fleet Footed
Just watched the breakdown of the trailer they posted on the facebook, they mentioned Havok is going to be heavily featured in this one. My timeline may be a bit off but wouldn't Havok not be around during the time of young Magneto and Professor X? Havok is Cyclops's younger brother and Cyclops is in his 20's (I would guess) when we first meet him sometime in the "not so distant future," so what's the deal?

It looks like this is going to be partially Origins: Beast too, because the trailer actually shows him in his pre-Beast human form.

Also, I'm glad they're putting in Emma and the Hellfire Club (Kevin Bacon as Shaw!) for this one but this got me thinking. Psylocke used to be a fairly popular character but I don't think she has shown up in any of the movies yet. Regardless, it looks like we've got some good material in this movie.

Mouse

Didn't Psylocke get a cameo in the Wolverine Origins film?

And yeah, Havok is Cyclops younger brother so I'm not sure what's going on there, but I'm sure I read the director or someone saying that the timeline should fit in with the previous films. So no idea!

Heck Tate

The Fleet Footed
Just looked it up and found out she was in the 3rd movie, the chick with black hair with a streak of purple in it who leads the underground mutants (double negative?) that Magneto recruits. Now I feel cheated, she had such a large part in some of the X-Men storylines but I didn't even recognize her when they just tossed her in.

Mouse

Really?! I thought she was the lady sitting outside the cafe in the Wolverine film. (Wait, was there even a scene like that in Wolverine?! I might've dreamt it.)

Heck Tate

The Fleet Footed
IDK, I don't remember the scene you're talking about but it's been a while since I've seen the movie. It's possible she was in Wolverine's movie, she's supposed to be an old-school character who's been pulling strings in various places for a while.

Mouse

I've only seen the film once because it makes me angry! But actually, I've got a feeling I'm thinking of the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon. I definitely remember seeing someone and thinking it was Psylocke, but in my head I can't picture whether it was real people or cartoons!! Is that bad?!

Mouse

I thought James McAvoy looked a little off, but watching the trailer changed my mind!